Hot glue gun problem

afisaWeGIF

I got a problem with the hot glue gun... no glue comes out after the first stick, also that stick wasn't over!
I tried to put another stick but still no glue..
What should I do?

My hot glue gun would do the same thing. It's a cheap, 6 dollar, wal-mart hot glue gun. I have found out that, when I left the hot glue gun to heat up, over time, it would get SO hot, that the glue would just melt inside the gun and no way the stick part could push it out due to it being melted instantly. I would unplug the gun and let it cool down for a bit, as it's cooling SLOWLY, I can start using the gun again.

OK it's plugged off, I'll follow your tip :)
I'll update this thread later

Glue guns have a rubber casing that the glue stick slides down sometime the casing splits and the glue literally squeezes into the gun casing. If this is the case pitch the gun and get another. The trick to not splitting the casing is that the gun needs to be fully warmed up in the first place. Follow the directions. LOL

edit: ive never experienced this problem, is it the case with all guns?

if this is a true hobby to you, id invest in a good high temp glue gun from a craft store, or online. i got two oldschool glue guns that my mom passed down and they still work great and bond anything almost permanently with the right kind of glue. no plugging up, no issues. just gotta watch out for that molten lava glue

throw it in the garbage and buy a good one. i have never had any problems with my $20 ones i get from tool/hardware stores

I've spent 16 euros (almost 20$) and I've bought it twice because I had the same problem on the first one... :(
There's only that gun on the shop ._.

Hah, I've got one for 2 euros and I'll replace it ASAP because it just leaks glue all the time. Most of the glue is wasted and that kicks me in the back. I can't wait for my salary..

I bought a cheap glue gun for my Mark VII that I just "finished" (are these costumes ever finished?). It was cheap all around but got the job done. However, I am definitely upgrading now. It ate glue and dripped like crazy. Plus, like torx said above,the molten lava glue gave me a nasty blister when it seeped through a seam to my finger on the other side.

I don't think it's toxic. I mean, don't go eating it or anything. But normal operation shouldn't hurt you aside from burning the **** out of your hands (hello, giant blister on my thumb).

I had a glue gun totally slag the inside of itself a while ago. I took it apart to see if I could fix it; something melted that shouldn't have and it looked like a train wreck.

umm no its not toxic, so ya dont have to wear it for your whole build which would suck:lol unless ya want to but a respirator is usually used for painting or bondo/fiberglass work not gluing:)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back