Homemade Lightsaber

dabayah

Before people start chucking US, Parks, TCSS, and Saberforge at me, I've checked them all out and sometime in the future I will be buying something form them. For now, I'm looking to build my own lightsaber, I currently have a 300 lumen flashlight (may or may not be too weak to illuminate a blade, Im not sure) and I'm looking to turn it into my first saber. Now when it comes to aesthetics, I can handle all that jazz on my own.

My question for you guys is about if there's a certain way I should go about making the part of the hilt where the blade needs to be inserted? I'm planning to just buy a blade from SF or US, and I think they're about 1" in diameter, but I'm not sure if they click into lightsabers or if its just forcing them in and letting pressure do its job.

What do you guys think I should be using for that by the way, do you think PVC would cut it?

Indeed ... what Kevin Gossett said ... so you'll need to make some sort of a receptor inside for the blade and an outside screw which can be secured firmly ... I'm curious already to see your custom design :)

Chaim

It's not much yet, but I'll try to remember to post some pictures next week when I start adding more parts to it to give it some personality. I'll look into the retention screw idea, thanks so much for the feedback!

20150528_204824.jpg20150528_204941.jpgIMG_20150522_175439.jpg

This is my current progress, Alot of dremeling and cutting but it's really coming along, the flashlight hopefully will be able to light up a saber blade nicely, it's 300 lumens so I feel like it might fall just short of that but hey what happens happens right?

Im planning to paint the pvc silver and give it the same worn look as the flashlight.

Looking forward to opinions!

I am a new member here. Wayyyy back when the movie first came out I was a teenager and I wanted a lightsaber, but couldn't find one. So like so many other kids, I made my own. I used a flashlight for the base and a plastic curtain rod cover for the blade itself. The rod was only a dollar or so, lightweight, and easy to attach to the flashlight. Plus it was translucent so it lit up very well. Yours is great looking and looks like a movie prop.

I am a new member here. Wayyyy back when the movie first came out I was a teenager and I wanted a lightsaber, but couldn't find one. So like so many other kids, I made my own. I used a flashlight for the base and a plastic curtain rod cover for the blade itself. The rod was only a dollar or so, lightweight, and easy to attach to the flashlight. Plus it was translucent so it lit up very well. Yours is great looking and looks like a movie prop.

Thank you sir! Means a plenty!

Great progress however I feel some additional greeblies such as a D-ring or clip, could bring it out a bit more :)

Chaim

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back