Hollywood Collectors Terminator 2 Endoskull

I was going to add some non-sw helmets etc. to my site and took some pices of the T2 and T3 heads I got last year from Hollywood Col. and Sideshow

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/T2Aliens/HolColT201.JPG[/image]

[image]http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/T2Aliens/SideShowT301.JPG[/image]

So whats the background to "Hollywood Collector's Gallery"? Are they a part of Sideshow, or bought out by them?

If not, how did they get the license for T2 yet SS got T3? (and now have the T2 license for the endo arm)?

Just interested to hear the background

Cheers

Jez

I wish I would've gotten one of those T2 skulls. At the time I wasn't into collecitng T2 stuff :/

If anybody has one for sale, let me know.

sorry for the hijack.

Originally posted by allosaur176@Mar 1 2006, 09:50 PM
I own one of these, and I love it, cept for the eye lense caps  :unsure
[snapback]1196656[/snapback]​

Yeah me too.I love mine except for those lense caps.Thats something that the Icons got perfect though.

Cheers
Ben

Originally posted by Cenobyte@Mar 1 2006, 05:41 PM
Looks exactly like the Paul Francis ones :/
[snapback]1196487[/snapback]​

I heard about him, was there an allegation that he was passing off copies as originals?

I remember the thread saying that they lost the license and Sideshow had picked it up suggesting that maybe Sideshow are going to do one of these?

It is a great replica - weighs a ton.

Aliens Archive - I clicked on the links but i dont have an Japanese language packs loaded. the only pics that came up were of a star trek phaser, everything else was just red crosses :(

Cheers

Jez

This thread is a bit old. But, does anyone else have the 1:2 scale Endo head now? Is the concensus that is is pretty nice? It looks pretty good.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
This thread is a bit old. But, does anyone else have the 1:2 scale Endo head now? Is the concensus that is is pretty nice? It looks pretty good.
[/b]

I have the 1:2 scale T2 head and it looks identical to the pic above.

A place was selling a few of the these 1:1 Terminator heads at the Chicago comic-con. They were $450 each but I was very impressed even with a close look in person, out of my price range right now, but someday. They have a website where they sell it also www.toynk.com
I have thought about getting one of the 1:1 size model kits of this you see on ebay, but you can't beat that Chrome look, I can never come close with just paint.

Sorry that wasn't about the history of this, just responding to where they could still be found.

From what I understand, Paul Francis was working with Steve Johnson who had the License for the Terminator stuff, Paul left Steve's XFX Shop and took the license with him and sold them for a while before having the License taken away from him by the Company who granted the License originally.

The Difference between the XFX Endo-heads and the Icons version, is the neck, the XFX one has the same exact base shown in the above pictures along with Neck Pistons and Tubing, the Icons had no Pistons or Neck Tubing and it looks like this:
endohead.jpg

(The Image is from Hollywood Hardware, if you want it removed let me know)
Here is another image I just found from "Timeless Collectables" which was yet another company by the Infamous Jim L..
endoskull_new.jpg

For some other Great pics of the Terminator items, one of our own RPF members has an Archive here:
http://www.cinemareplicas.com/museum/icons.htm

The teeth on the Icons/Timeless version look a lot better IMO.

I saw the Hollywood version in person and the teeth look VERY cheap.

Nice pice other than that.

<div class='quotetop'>(Scarecrow @ Aug 13 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1299517[/snapback]</div>
I owned this, but hated the teeth. I agree, they are very cheap looking and all of them have space between them.
[/b]

Does anybody know where I could get some better teeth for mine and a tip, You can get a BD version and clean it up by using acetone

Domenik

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Aug 13 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]1299292[/snapback]</div>
From what I understand, Paul Francis was working with Steve Johnson who had the License for the Terminator stuff, Paul left Steve's XFX Shop and took the license with him and sold them for a while before having the License taken away from him by the Company who granted the License originally.

The Difference between the XFX Endo-heads and the Icons version, is the neck, the XFX one has the same exact base shown in the above pictures along with Neck Pistons and Tubing, the Icons had no Pistons or Neck Tubing and it looks like this:
endohead.jpg

Here is another image I just found from "Timeless Collectables" which was yet another company by the Infamous Jim L..
endoskull_new.jpg

For some other Great pics of the Terminator items, one of our own RPF members has an Archive here:
[/b]

Thanks for the info. So did "Hollywood Collector's Gallery" pick up the license after XFX/Icons?

Cheers

Jez

<div class='quotetop'>(BingoBongo275 @ Aug 14 2006, 06:22 AM) [snapback]1299965[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Aug 13 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]1299292[/snapback]

endohead.jpg

endoskull_new.jpg

[/b]

Thanks for the info. So did "Hollywood Collector's Gallery" pick up the license after XFX/Icons?

Cheers

Jez
[/b][/quote]

The license is shared by all these companies. They all still have it with the exception of Steve Johnson I believe.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back