Hi im Rj from Face off season two just registered and ...

Radfxrob

wanted to say hello and make some friends and post some work and hang out and have some fun ! new to this never really used message boards before so trying to figure it out ... Seeing some really nice things here you guys are all super talented and creative ! Looking forward to the chats and more to come. talk to ya soon!

Rj

Hey man, welcome to the forums :)

Prepare for lots of questions you're probably not allowed to answer ;)

wanted to say hello and make some friends and post some work and hang out and have some fun ! new to this never really used message boards before so trying to figure it out ... Seeing some really nice things here you guys are all super talented and creative ! Looking forward to the chats and more to come. talk to ya soon!

Rj

So how fake is the show really . . . ?

:)

So how fake is the show really . . . ?

:)

honestly ... not at all ... nothing is scripted ... least it wasnt our season. They "Stage" conversation in the house ..."why dont you guys go in the living room and talk about this" or "tell us what happened today" but thats actually US talking, our words ... no script ...

The shop is def 110% as is the elimination stage.... so there ya go :)

Ahhhh, and now we are left to wonder if you're just saying that because you have to . . . ;)

Seriously, though, I won't ask about the show--I stopped watching it long ago because like all "reality shows" it's just a dumb soap opera. So I'll ask about something else instead -- what advice would you give to a young person, just getting out of high school, say, who wants a career in the movie FX or makeup industry? What's the best way to go about getting in? College courses? Sweeping floors in a shop and working your way up?What are the realistic chances of making a steady living at this sort of work?

(PS--I am not asking for me. I'm 52, happy doing what I do, and my only interest in movies is making homemade fan films for YouTube. But I'm betting there are lots of young people here who would be interested in hearing from you about this. :) )

LOL
Told ya!

It's great to see you on here anyway, man - My kids loved your work on Face Off ( they're 6 and 9, and they LOVE the show! Useful when I need guinea-pigs ;) ).
I look forward to seeing what you bring to the RPF, and hope you get a lot back from it in return.

Amazing! I love Face Off! I was hooked on it from the first season (just watched the newest ep tonight as a matter of fact...they finally booted Autumn!), but I'm embarrassed to admit that I can't recall exactly who you are, RJ. I'll have to Google you! Maybe it's just me, but some of these comments seem a bit on the rude side. Jealousy perhaps?

OK, I just looked you up and now I remember your awesome work! Didn't I see you at Monsterpalooza 2012 in Burbank? I so wanted to stop and say 'hi' but you were swamped with fans...if that was you!

Last edited:
So, what's your preffered method for making helmets and armor? Sculpt, forge, pepakura, mold? Do you primarily concentrate on Masks and make-up? Any way welcome to the RPF.

Awesome to have you, welcome! Really enjoy the show, not talented enough to be a part but would love to just stand in the shop when the folks are creating and watch the ideas come to life.

Awesome to have you, welcome! Really enjoy the show, not talented enough to be a part but would love to just stand in the shop when the folks are creating and watch the ideas come to life.

That's exactly how I feel too...I have the ideas but not the skills. I just make costumes. I'm definitely not a special FX makeup artist! Like everyone else though, I was heavily interested in it when I was a kid.

Hey Rj, cool to have you here! Me and the hubby watch the show religiously and love it. Amazing the amount of work you guys do in such limited time. Post some pics of your recent stuff! Love to see some :)

Great to see you around here pal! I have to say, your work on the show is probably the best I've seen in a while (kinda spoiled everything else though.....)
I don't want you to be swarmed with questions, but i do have one for you.
What did you get a degree in to do your makeup effects? I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to do, so any help from someone who is way ahead of the game would be great.... :)
-Wes

Oh my gosh, that was the season I started watching Face Off, you did some of my favorites! Welcome to theRPF!!!! YAY!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back