Here Goes Something Awesome!

Hey Rhett,

Not sure if this is too late or not, but if you have some specs for a "lighting kit" for this beast let me know. I have a ton of new LEDs that should be able to uniformly light up many of the larger areas.

Just a thought. If anyone is interested let me know...

Howdy y'all.
Hope everyone had a good holiday. Here's te new lighting design that we'll be using. I'm testing it all out now, and constructing boxes, etc. for the saucer section and nacelles.
Hyperdyne, let me know what form you'd like this design, and we'll go nuts on it. I even have a spare model is you want to measure up the wire lengths.
as for where i've been . . .got a new job, new dog, and am buried under it all(way too much work to do, but i'm pressing on..)
Here's the layout on these scribblings
MAIN HULL
Neck: Place one white LED in the center of the neck at an angle. This will light the whole neck.
Place a red insert OR paint the photon tube "doors" transparent red, the the rest of the clear peice black.
Box in one or two LEDS under the neck spots. I believe with the box, you'll only need one. Lead four sets of fiber optic strands (FOS) out of the box to the docking ports on either side if you want. Secure them with white glue(Elmers)
Place a blue insert or paint the whole exposed ceiling of the arboretum transparent blue. Place a LED in the center of the connecting support pegs above and behind the interiors(shuttle bay and arboretum). This will light the front of the hull. Have FOS lead to the yellow squares on the dish and the lower docking ports.
Place a LED on the top of the rear, lower shuttle bay section. This will light the back of the bay, and the middle of the hull.
Place 2 LEDs for the pylon spots on either side of the hull. You can build a box for the TWO spots on either side(one above and below each pylon), or cluster and epoxy Fiber Optic cable.
Place a LED on the rear of the first shuttle bay section. Place a red insert or paint, the top docking station clear peice above the shuttle bay doors, and place a blue insert or paint the blue stripes on the bay door detail peices(tractor controls) on either side of the doors. This LED will light the rear as well(not much to light there anyway).
Lead blinker bulbs into appropriate places.
hull7ab.jpg

Let me know what you think, and we'll go from there tommorow..
Happy New Year...

quick question . . . what and where are blinkers on the saucer section? Can't remember.
is it all five around the edge and on the bridge, or just the two on the port and starboard nav lights(red/green)
any help appreciated.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back