Hensoldt Wetzlar Dialyt 3x

Gregnz

Hi
Working on a resin DL-44 and trying to find what the main body of the Hensoldt Wetzlar Dialyt 3x is made out of. I have hunted the DL -44 threads but can not find the information on this any photos appear different. I look forward the your help to get right
Thanks

The main body is blued steel. Dry blued steel is a very dark grey with a slight hint of metallic blue. How much blue (or even purple) depends on the specific steel alloy. Blued steel is always oiled to protect it further and that makes it darker and glossy.
I would say that gloss black paint would make a simple approximation to the finish.

The rings around the front and back lenses, as well as the knob on top are brass, painted satin black and somewhat worn around the edges.

There are a lot of pictures of old real scopes in this thread: Han Solo ANH DL-44 SCOPE: All Hensoldts and Variations POST YOURS TOO.
Many real scopes have a more distressed surface than the scope in the movie, but the scope in the movie has a few distinct scratches.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back