Help with setting up an interactive diorama

ed209

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hoping some of you can give me some suggestions on how to best set this up...

I want to create a diorama that would include a simulated house fire. I'm figuring I'll use a model train type smoke generator and a flickering candle light to create the glow from flames inside a room, but I want to set it up to where someone can press a button that will let activate everything for a short time (say about 15 seconds) and then turn off automatically. I also want to include sounds from a fire department radio to play out some speakers. I'm assuming the best way to do that would be through a soundboard that would record the audio and play it back, as opposed to something like a mini MP3 player.

What I'm wondering about is the best way to connect all this so the lights go on; the smoke billows; and the audio plays with the push of just one button.

Can anyone recommend particular parts and equipment I would need to do this, yet preferably keep it relatively inexpensive?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back