help with med pack

dez58pop

Hi has anybody got any pics of how they made a med pack what's the best to make it out of ?and also how did you attach it to the armour etc any pics and templated would be great cheers guys

Is they more than 1 type ? Well the one I've seen is on pred 1 which goes on the left hand side of the back with fins on it did pred 2 have these has well I'm wanting to do a pred 2 or AVP style because I think the armour is better than the ist one so if you have any pics etc how to make armour has well you can reply on here or mail me at dez@gbeye.com many thanks

Honestly i think there are no pic yet up but i do know a great way to build it first use styrene plastic for the inside parts then for the outside just sculpt it by using ref pics and mold so you can make as many as youy want. o_O

Vinmanmac made a great looking Med/Backpack with lots of pics on how he did it, you may want to search for that and see if that helps.

Honestly i think there are no pic yet up but i do know a great way to build it first use styrene plastic for the inside parts then for the outside just sculpt it by using ref pics and mold so you can make as many as youy want.

Is styrene plastic like sintra plastic and when i sculpt the out side with this sculpting material can that material be KLEEN CLAY?
Thx

ur right. and thanks for the advice on the plastics. i just need a type of clay that'll harden so i can paint it.

Check out my WIP post I have some pics of what I did using Vinmanmacs Backpack he did. As far as clay, there are several to choose from at say Michael's. I used the Air Dry Soft clay for my dread beads and that pretty well and easy to sculpt and manage. Just make sure you have a small bowl of water near by as it makes it easier. Just like any other clay water is a great way to keep it moist while working.

If you plan to use clay for your backpack, make sure its not one you bake, because that may cause you a few problems and not sure how well a clay that requires baking will work using a heating gun. Never tried it before. but if it requires baking and you have plastic already on there you could run into many issues with shaping or loosing bends and shapes.

On my backpack its 75% Foamies. I used a 3 inch bent PVC curve pipe, the bottom of a Tupperware bowl, empty Acrylic Paint Bottle, 2 small pieces of Split Cable Tubing, and a piece of 1/4 inch Plywood.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=24408 See the bottom of first post. and you will see 4 pics of it and get an idea.

Hope that helps you out Luke.

-James

Check out my WIP post I have some pics of what I did using Vinmanmacs Backpack he did. As far as clay, there are several to choose from at say Michael's. I used the Air Dry Soft clay for my dread beads and that pretty well and easy to sculpt and manage. Just make sure you have a small bowl of water near by as it makes it easier. Just like any other clay water is a great way to keep it moist while working.

If you plan to use clay for your backpack, make sure its not one you bake, because that may cause you a few problems and not sure how well a clay that requires baking will work using a heating gun. Never tried it before. but if it requires baking and you have plastic already on there you could run into many issues with shaping or loosing bends and shapes.

On my backpack its 75% Foamies. I used a 3 inch bent PVC curve pipe, the bottom of a Tupperware bowl, empty Acrylic Paint Bottle, 2 small pieces of Split Cable Tubing, and a piece of 1/4 inch Plywood.

http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=24408 See the bottom of first post. and you will see 4 pics of it and get an idea.

Hope that helps you out Luke.

-James

Thanks seriously i feel like im being a bother with you helping me so much.
Luke

No your not being a bother little brother. That's what this site is freinds helping friends and bouncing ideas off each other, At least that what I have always thought.

-James

Yea i guess i shouldnt feel bad about it. considering thousands of other pred heads are doen the same thing. Lol. and your right James thats wat this site is for.

Thx, Luke

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back