Help Needed, Damaged Bio

darkpred

Hi guys,

Purchased this bio from a board member but when it landed it was damaged, there is around a 2 inch crack starting on the LED side and on the bio tubes side 2 pieces have snapped off and one piece is hanging on for dear life!

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, is there anyone in the UK that is a master of repair?

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

Super glue imo, or youll have to redo the whole paint job.

you could always get some fibreglass matting for the inside if its cracked badly.

I'd use JD weld on the inside, and then maybe consider touching up the paint very finely in the area of the crack if necessary. I doubt super glue will hold it. If you're lucky, the cracks will be hairline thin on the outside, and you might need nothing more than a light touch of dark paint to match it.

Of course, if you bought it from the maker, you could always ask him to fix it.

this happened to my P1 bio, i used that epoxy resin gluey stuff (dont know the exact name as you can see) but it comes in 2 tubes, they do it at B&Q

Just trying to sum up what u guys already said. Use super glue to hold it in place. Then you can either use fiberglass resin or an epoxy putty to reinforce the back side of the bio. Then use some paint to touch up the hair line cracks. Dont think you wanna repaint that sweet paint job.

Thanks for your advice guys, should get around to getting this done soon.

Either that or I'm sending it to Paul for a custom idea I have in mind!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back