HELP! Need to paint an M.R. Enterprise.

spockboy

Need some professional advice gentlemen.

I have a Master Replicas Enterprise that hit an ion storm (fell off the table and broke the saucer off)
It was repaired in dry dock (re-glued, re-enforced and sanded while sobbing quietly)
Now it needs to be repainted.
I tried to color match it by eye but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any idea which color Master Replicas used?

pain 01.jpg
paint 02.jpg

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks guys.

:)Spockboy

Attachments

• IMG_1138.png
    IMG_1138.png
    802.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
you could try the paints recommended by the 1/350 E from Polar lights... try it on some scrap and see if the color matches. they claim to have sources the color form the original ship... as does MR so they "should" be a good fit in theory...

Jedi Dade

The recommended color on the Polar Lights 1/350 TOS Enterprise box is Tamiya XF-12 JN Grey. However JN Grey will be too green looking compared to the MR Enterprise's color.

You can try mixing Tamiya XF-12 JN Grey with some XF-19 Sky Grey. The Sky Grey will tone the green tint way down and it'll look very much like the MR hull color.

I did a mix of of 3 parts JN Grey, 1 parts Sky Grey and 4 parts Flat White for an AMT Enterprise but you can use less white or none at all.

Mike.

Attachments

• IMG_4130bSmall_zpsebcf76c1.jpg
    IMG_4130bSmall_zpsebcf76c1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4132bSmall_zps39868ed0.jpg
    IMG_4132bSmall_zps39868ed0.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 115
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back