HELP! installing glass eyes in a head

berger

Sr Member
ive got a chucky doll im fixing up, ive bought some glass eyes, and im trying to install them in the head, but the neck opening is small as hell, and i dont know what to use to secure them in place... will hot glue work? whats the best way to hold them in place while the glue dries?

heres what im working with

969175_607162022636377_2103444434_n.jpg970600_607161929303053_1712722685_n.jpg

and heres my build thread
http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-chucky-doll-repaint-upgrade-186319/

Last edited:
i COULD.... but im not going to, my fingers are long enough to position the eyes with a little practice, i just dont know about holding them there, and glueing them at the same time.... ive also got milliput, and am considering mixing up a gob, and smashing it around the eye on the inside to hold it in place, but dunno how well it will stick to the super smooth inside of the vinyl head, but i think thats what ill most likely go with, seeing as how quickly hot glue dries vs how slow milliput dries, i should have a much better chance of getting them in the right position before they are permanently locked in place

If the eyes are really glass, you could use cyanoacrylate (super glue) to affix a post onto the front center of the eye to use to position/hold the eye in place while the glue dries. The posts could then be de-bonded and the eyes cleaned up with a little acetone.

You could also make a fishing line sling for the eye by gluing 2 crossed strands to the back of the eye, feed them forward to the front of the eye and out of the eye opening and pull on them to aim the eye and apply forward tension until the glue dries. Then just cut off the lines flush.

I would use much faster setting epoxy putty than Milliput which takes forever to set up. 5 minute plumbers epoxy tape (blue + yellow = green) ought to leave you plenty of time.

thanks! the sling thing worked great, i used thread instead of fishing line since its what i had laying around. the eyes are indeed acrylic/plastic, and not actual glass. but it worked fantastically and they look great

969081_607194352633144_13822149_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back