Help Iam a student and need advice buying a good glue gun.

rabundaunted

Hi, I am a poor student and I am looking to buy a nicer glue gun, it needs to be able to handle a wide variety of materials including foam board and be cost effective. Any advice or experience with different makes will be of great help :) :thumbsup Plz help :angel My cheap one is fine for most things but is not delicate enough for what I want to do in future projects (aka foam board and models of a smaller scale).

Last edited by a moderator:
The dollar store has them for a dollar well here in Montreal anyways , glue gun is a simple tool.

GFollano

the only real consideration is high temp Vs low temp. Other than that tho only other consideration is the physical size of the gun and the trigger mechanism. You don't need to spend a lot of money but don't go the opposite direction and buy too cheap. I bought two $30 glue guns and had it and watched them both both out before my eyes (one with a blue flash). The I've had a cheap $1 one blow out a seal and force hot glue out of any available orifice except the nozzle.
So I'd say look for a gun that can switch between high and low temp (along with appropriate glue sticks) and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply...and yes Iam looking for a multi temp gun. I was also looking for one with interchangeable nozzles ,if posable. I have only used the cheapest £1 ones before but they never last me long, as they stop heating up as quickly after a bit. If you know of any brand that's known to be reliable that would be a big help.

3M's Scotch Weld hot glue guns are second to none but they are expensive! Probably not a good option for a student but something to aspire to. I can tell you though from personal experience that they will last forever. Mine is going on more than 25 years of frequent use now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back