Help! I am a little color blind.

micdavis

Master Member
I sometimes have a slight deficiency between reds, greens, and grays.

So I have a question.

What color is Level 4 at the Wildfire facility in The Andromeda Strain?

Green? Gray? It can't be red, as level 1 is red, level 2 is yellow, level 3 blue, level 5 white.

I just can't tell. The hallways and jumpsuits, sort of look gray, but kind of look green.

Is it that?

attachment.php

The color of Level 4 is something purple/dark pink:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I thought purple too, but as they desend down, they change costumes too. On one level they look gray or green but purple?

The color square below the screen grab in my last post is made directly from that screen grab. I extracted it with my software.

But you know what NTSC means: "never the same color". :D

The actual colour you want is grey I think. I'm willing to bet that it looks slightly pink/purple because of the transfer.

Last edited:
I'm also color blind and this Picture looks Gray.. not purple or pink..

The exact red/green/blue value of that color is 155/126/136. So it's more red and less green. If it was gray with the same brightness, the value would be 139/139/139.

Compare it yourself. On the left side is the color from the screen grab, on the right side is its gray version:

attachment.php

The actual colour you want is grey I think. I'm willing to be that it looks slightly pink/purple because of the transfer.

That was my thought, too.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back