help for gut's EVA sword and rapier sword

mrwhite

1. i'm planning to make a guts sword made from foam and of course some reinforcement pipes but wanted to ask if i use EVA mats won't the height and weight of the sword break it in half? any tip ?
  2. im also planning to make a rapier but how do i shape the EVA foam to shape it like one ? should i dremel it ?

b1f466ee8ec3fa9a.jpg

1. i'm planning to make a guts sword made from foam and of course some reinforcement pipes but wanted to ask if i use EVA mats won't the height and weight of the sword break it in half? any tip ?

View attachment 439291

1. You might need some sort of harder Core inside the sword. Use Plexiglas or similar plastic. Plexi is hard to cut without breaking it and can scatter so get some other plastic.
    Then you cover all that with the foam.

You might need some sort of harder Core inside the sword. Use Plexiglas or similar plastic. Plexi is hard to cut without breaking it and can scatter so get some other plastic.
Then you cover all that with the foam.

so Plexiglas is fine ?

so Plexiglas is fine ?

Plexi works....but it can shatter when cutting it, Thats why i mention it. . So if you are able to get another plastic that can be drilled,cut, heat bent , then it would be better. i just don't know the names for any of the other plastics.

Plexi works....but it can shatter when cutting it, Thats why i mention it. . So if you are able to get another plastic that can be drilled,cut, heat bent , then it would be better. i just don't know the names for any of the other plastics.
and what about being too long, wont the multiple layers of EVA foam saw the creases between them ? and since it's a huge one should i use like 3-4 layer of EVA foam ?

Eva foam don't have much weight so if you only use a pvc pipe on the inside. it will be fine as well.
Check out other peoples build for large sword.. Some people has build Cloud Strifes Buster sword from Final fantasy 7 and it pretty much looks the same in size and shape as the sword you wanna make.

Here is another tutorial .
cb9d2ec7dd65b3007e294cf3d6aaf0e3.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back