Help concealing tatoos

Nobby

Sr Member
Hi all,

Here's a question for all you make-up artists:

What is the best product available to conceal tattoos?
In terms of:
  • total coverage
  • durability
  • value for money

I have tried the 'transfer' type from Hyde Ink, but while initially looking quite good, they come off very easily and leave a dirty looking patch

Fire away :D

I have tried both. It took less of the tattoo camo than the dermablend. Some came off on my clothing but I think it was because I didn't seal it good enough maybe

wow, that stuff is epensive.......

I may have to try the Dermablend first as it's cheaper (but that may end up being false economy :))

Last edited:
I've only used Dermablend on a hand tattoo. I HAD to go over it with some color and speckling, because it was to bland. Nevertheless, it seemed to stay on pretty well and cover it up without using too much of the material.

Thanks, SlipKnoT.
It's always good to hear first hand experiences with these products before spending your hard-earned :thumbsup

I use liquid latex and match my skin tone with stage makeup. I have trooped many times as Emperor Palpatine that way. It stays on forever and has to be pulled away from the skin since it is attached. The process is durable but long and drawn out. When I teach I cover my wrist tattoo with a watch. But, the Emperor would not be walking around the death star with a watch so I had to get inventive at the last min. now it is my go to thing for covering up my tattoos.

I use liquid latex and match my skin tone with stage makeup. I have trooped many times as Emperor Palpatine that way. It stays on forever and has to be pulled away from the skin since it is attached. The process is durable but long and drawn out. When I teach I cover my wrist tattoo with a watch. But, the Emperor would not be walking around the death star with a watch so I had to get inventive at the last min. now it is my go to thing for covering up my tattoos.

Well depending on the location of the tattoo that is a recipe for disaster. Not only does it stick to your hair; removing it feels like ripping off about three or four pieces of duck tape. Also if you accidentally stretch the skin, as the latex dries and shrinks it may give you a wrinkled, shriveled effect. It is used as an old age stipple for a reason, and probably not a very effect tattoo cover. I've never tried this technique personally though, so it would be trial and error for you OP, so find what works for you. :cool

Last edited:
At the moment I plan to go the Dermablend route, but if I don't get on with that I'm always open to other ideas. As a wise man once said: 'don't knock it until you've tried it' :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back