HCG Alien Nostromo and Aliens Sulaco ship replicas

The Nostromo is one of my all time favorite designs. Glad to find out that it's a work in progress.
Anxious to see what the final offering from HCG will look like.

Their Derelict should temper your expectations...

Derelict_04.jpg

It's just that these models are so rarely done (small market?) that if anybody sees something, anything looking like the Nostromo or the Sulaco, they'll buy it despite the lack of quality (I cannot remove that Derelict image from my brain :eek::eek:)!

Aside from the weird lumpy detailing on The Nostromo, looking at that video there are some grills on the side of the docking pod, where it widens out from the front, that aren't present on the big one, but may be on the original publicity still of the ship in space (couldn't find high-res pic to be sure) Would be interested to know what they are modelling from.

There was a reason why you couldn’t get footage from the reflection on the display case....;)

I need that Nostromo. It's amazing. Great video..thank you so much for that. I;ll never be able to afford the BIG CHAP..but dang. Wow. I'd pass on a new motorcycle to have that.

They both look a bit heavy on the detailing to me. I'm also trying to understand why the exclusive and the base model Sulaco are the same price. Much as I'm a huge fan of both ships, I'm not really that tempted.

That said, many thanks for posting the links.

I'm also trying to understand why the exclusive and the base model Sulaco are the same price.
HCG sells through their own website, but also to outside dealers. They sell cheaper to dealers and thus make less money on those items. So to encourage people to buy directly from HCG, they offer exclusives. Those are only available from HCG and those are not sold to dealers at discount. The price of the exclusives are the same as the standard editions as they want to encourage customers to buy direct. I hope that made sense as I wasn’t sure how to explain it, lol.

HCG sells through their own website, but also to outside dealers. They sell cheaper to dealers and thus make less money on those items. So to encourage people to buy directly from HCG, they offer exclusives. Those are only available from HCG and those are not sold to dealers at discount. The price of the exclusives are the same as the standard editions as they want to encourage customers to buy direct. I hope that made sense as I wasn’t sure how to explain it, lol.

I did forget to post the links to the EX

I'll update my original post.

Any further updates on the Nostromo? I have to admit I am tempted but am curious if anyone else has additional insights into the level of details, accuracy etc as opposed to what is provided in the marketing shots on the HCG website. I wish I had seen the beast in person but I do like the size of it. One concern I have is the lack of lighting and the base/stand seems awfully plain to me.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back