Limited Run Haunted Mansion (Disney) "Candlegoyle" gargoyle several options

Hand-Schaub

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome your foolish guests to your home with this lovingly recreated sculpture of the Haunted Mansion “Gargoyle” or as I like to call it a “Candlecoyle”. I sculpted this piece from images and memories from my years of visiting our favorite haunted location in Disneyland. The original was sculpted in clay. The castings are made by casting in tinted gel coat, fiberglass and casting resin. It is then backfilled with expanding foam. Each beast has a copper armature running through the arms and body making this a very sturdy piece. I am truly astonished at the cost each one takes to make. FOr a bunch of plastic and foam the materials cost really adds up. I wanted to make this a single piece casting so no assembly is required. The downside is that the difficult undercuts requires a lot of separate mold parts giving it many seams. The candles were sculpted by me and are wonderfully scaled to the beast.
Each beast measure 20” from head to tail (the tail is used as a place to strap him to the ledge as these are front heavy), 19” from arm to arm and 14” tall....27” with candles installed.
It is near life size however my recent trip to Disneyland confirmed that my sculpture is slightly smaller - maybe around 10-15% smaller. But I have been told it truly captures the feel and presence of the originals (besides, most of us don’t have 80 foot ceilings)

Please view my thread for more more info on these than you probably need:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=268447

Raw casting: $500 plus shipping (22x22x21 box and around 10lbs.)
$200 deposit for que placement and materials, balance plus shipping when ready to ship

One complete Candlegoyle and two solid cast resin drippy candles

Cleaned casting with drilled candles and LED flicker candles: $750 plus shipping (22x22x21 box and around 10lbs.)
$200 deposit for que placement and materials, balance plus shipping when ready to ship

One complete Candlegoyle and two candles drilled to accommodate battery operated flicker candles (remote included). Candle top comes with custom silicone rubber diffuser. My idea of cleaned up and ready to paint is still quite textural so if you want it super smoothed out then please request that. I will prime it in either a dark green or dark bronze
The fun painting part is up to you.

Complete beat ready to display: $850 happy dollars (shipping is FREE in US, discounted for International)

One complete Candlegoyle and two candles drilled to accommodate battery operated flicker candles (remote included). Candle top comes with custom silicone rubber diffuser. My idea of cleaned up and ready to paint is still quite textural so if you want it super smoothed out then please request that.
Completely painted in faux weathered copper/bronze with verdigris detail. I am more than willing to paint it however you feel it needs to be.
Candles are weather and assembled and I will include some bonding resin so you can install the candles when you receive the beast

Please contact me with any questions or special requests. I can cast about one beast a week and must find time to do clean up and paint. Most likely I will cast all beasts first then work on the cleaned up ones. Please allow several weeks at least for yours to be made.

A little about me:
I have been sculpting professionally for 20+ years. As a premium member of the RPF I have been creating and selling items for nearly 15 years! Mostly Star Wars of course. My childhood was spent in South Pasadena so I spent many days at Disneyland. This sculpture was made with love of the original. I wanted to give it the same feel and character. I feel like I did well with it so I am very proud to offer it.

IMG_1724.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add that if I can help you out with special requests such as paint colors or partial payments and that type of thing, do not hesitate to contact me.

Last edited:
I will be offering LED candles with remote o the rough cast free shipping on the cleaned up version as well. I am also interested in trades.

Haunted Mansion (Disney) "Candlegoyle" gargoyle several options

So you'll be selling candle separately? If so how much?

Did you say....trades? :)

Welcome your foolish guests to your home with this lovingly recreated sculpture of the Haunted Mansion “Gargoyle” or as I like to call it a “Candlecoyle”. I sculpted this piece from images and memories from my years of visiting our favorite haunted location in Disneyland. The original was sculpted in clay. The castings are made by casting in tinted gel coat, fiberglass and casting resin. It is then backfilled with expanding foam. Each beast has a copper armature running through the arms and body making this a very sturdy piece. I am truly astonished at the cost each one takes to make. FOr a bunch of plastic and foam the materials cost really adds up. I wanted to make this a single piece casting so no assembly is required. The downside is that the difficult undercuts requires a lot of separate mold parts giving it many seams. The candles were sculpted by me and are wonderfully scaled to the beast.
Each beast measure 20” from head to tail (the tail is used as a place to strap him to the ledge as these are front heavy), 19” from arm to arm and 14” tall....27” with candles installed.
It is near life size however my recent trip to Disneyland confirmed that my sculpture is slightly smaller - maybe around 10-15% smaller. But I have been told it truly captures the feel and presence of the originals (besides, most of us don’t have 80 foot ceilings)

Please view my thread for more more info on these than you probably need:
Disney's Haunted Mansion Candle holding grotesque sculpt/mold/cast build thread

Raw casting: $500 plus shipping (22x22x21 box and around 10lbs.)

One complete Candlegoyle and two solid cast resin drippy candles

Cleaned casting with drilled candles and LED flicker candles: $750 plus shipping (22x22x21 box and around 10lbs.)

One complete Candlegoyle and two candles drilled to accommodate battery operated flicker candles (remote included). Candle top comes with custom silicone rubber diffuser. My idea of cleaned up and ready to paint is still quite textural so if you want it super smoothed out then please request that. I will prime it in either a dark green or dark bronze
The fun painting part is up to you.

Complete beat ready to display: $850 happy dollars (shipping is FREE in US, discounted for International)

One complete Candlegoyle and two candles drilled to accommodate battery operated flicker candles (remote included). Candle top comes with custom silicone rubber diffuser. My idea of cleaned up and ready to paint is still quite textural so if you want it super smoothed out then please request that.
Completely painted in faux weathered copper/bronze with verdigris detail. I am more than willing to paint it however you feel it needs to be.
Candles are weather and assembled and I will include some bonding resin so you can install the candles when you receive the beast

Please contact me with any questions or special requests. I can cast about one beast a week and must find time to do clean up and paint. Most likely I will cast all beasts first then work on the cleaned up ones. Please allow several weeks at least for yours to be made.

A little about me:
I have been sculpting professionally for 20+ years. As a premium member of the RPF I have been creating and selling items for nearly 15 years! Mostly Star Wars of course. My childhood was spent in South Pasadena so I spent many days at Disneyland. This sculpture was made with love of the original. I wanted to give it the same feel and character. I feel like I did well with it so I am very proud to offer it.

View attachment 712115

View attachment 712116

View attachment 712117

View attachment 712118

View attachment 712119

View attachment 712120
Hello, do you still make these gargoyles?

Hello, do you still make these gargoyles?
I wish the mold was in better shape. In order to make one I have to do more custom sculpting than what comes out of the mold. I think I owuld like to one day revise the sculpt slightly and make a new mold. But that wont be for some time. And I recently figured out how to make great plug in flicker effects as well! I don't want to delete this thread because if enough people request it then I would consider doing a totally new run.

Last edited:
I wish the mold was in better shape. In order to make one I have to do more custom sculpting than what comes out of the mold. I think I owuld like to one day revise the sculpt slightly and make a new mold. But that wont be for some time. And I recently figured out how to make great plug in flicker effects as well! I don't want to delete this thread because if enough people request it then I would consider doing a totally new run.
I'd be interested

I see a few more interest... I'm currently working on the crypt arm torch holder as well so I may remold the gargoyle at the same time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back