Hasbro Scout Trooper Blaster

I've always figured the Scout Trooper blaster was the Star Wars equivalent of all those .32 ACP / .38 ACP pistols that were the most common sidearms in World War One and still very common in World War Two. Basically, it's a weapon you give to someone who shouldn't be unarmed but if they actually have to shoot at someone they've done something wrong. Thus, in the real world they were for officers who shouldn't be anywhere near the fighting; for Scout Troopers, they're supposed to do their real shooting with the cannon on their bikes. So the goals of "easy to carry" and "doesn't get in the way" trump "easy to use" and "actually effective."

Now, have these made it to Canada anywhere, I wonder?

…. I’m gonna say it… I’m gonna say it
3C42B591-9572-4358-8DEF-F41AFCB4FDC0.gif

I've always figured the Scout Trooper blaster was the Star Wars equivalent of all those .32 ACP / .38 ACP pistols that were the most common sidearms in World War One and still very common in World War Two. Basically, it's a weapon you give to someone who shouldn't be unarmed but if they actually have to shoot at someone they've done something wrong. Thus, in the real world they were for officers who shouldn't be anywhere near the fighting; for Scout Troopers, they're supposed to do their real shooting with the cannon on their bikes. So the goals of "easy to carry" and "doesn't get in the way" trump "easy to use" and "actually effective."

Now, have these made it to Canada anywhere, I wonder?

Mastermind Toys have them for $23.99 and their site says exclusive. Wished the price was closer to the US price, but since there's a store near me I figured why not and ordered one for pickup.

Hoping it's close to the prop size and not scaled up too much.

Grip is a little long compared to the original; I have big hands and can easily fit 3 fingers without the gloves.
To me it definitely seems like an officer's sidearm that the Empire stuck a scope on to try and extend it's role instead of finding something more appropriate for the scout troopers.

Scout Trooper Blaster-a.jpg

Just ordered it through Hasbro's eBay page for $17 shipped United States, about 1 week delivery time.

Someone should measure the blaster Singlepoint scope with the real deal, and that will give us our scale.

Here's a pic of the 1983 Kenner ROTJ Scout Trooper blaster for comparison; these Kenner versions still command a hefty $$$ on eBay. StudioCreations states that the Kenner version was 12% LARGER than the filming prop (not sure where that tidbit comes from):
img_7559_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Some quick comparison shots with the Hasbro Nerf and a Resin Kenner recast. The Kenner is larger, not by much, but the grip on the Nerf is thicker.

These nerf ones have a decent amount of power too, I’m quite impressed
0585EDB6-4F54-4119-95C2-4D304DBADA2A.jpeg

Attachments

• 4655E296-C199-4DD5-8114-2C4E359845D8.jpeg
    4655E296-C199-4DD5-8114-2C4E359845D8.jpeg
    921.1 KB · Views: 116
  • C456C78D-7569-4D32-A6A6-AC5DC02B4E88.jpeg
    C456C78D-7569-4D32-A6A6-AC5DC02B4E88.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Hahaha

Yeah if I can find a 2nd in the future for cheaper than I paid I'd pick it up to make a more accurate version, but I'm happy with how it is. I love the mismatched screw detail for the side button.

I picked up a couple for the exorbitant full price of $15 each. Here are a couple rough, possibly useless, measurements:

Back of scope to tip: ~207mm

PXL_20220105_152148616.jpg

Back of blaster to tip: ~186mm
PXL_20220105_152125975.jpg

Base of grip to top of greeblies: ~126mm
PXL_20220105_152203969.jpg

I have no idea how close this is to the accurate size, it seems a little large to me, but I've never seen a real one in person. It's a three-finger grip with my relatively large, ungloved hands.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back