Hasbro Haslab Reva Inquisitor Lightsaber

With all the features this is going to include, the fact that I really like the design, and I doubt any hobbyist will be able to produce this for less, this is a no brainer for me.

500 bucks?!?

Ok hasbro
BB30DDFF-1C69-48D5-875B-8EA11A1F1AD2.gif

It’s a neat saber, but the fact that it can’t spin, the trademark gimmick of an Inquisitor lightsaber, doesn’t make it seem like it’s worth $500. It doesn’t really do anything different than other Black Series sabers, especially the upcoming Obi-Wan saber…

Hasbro has increased the price of the Elite sabers to $279. A double bladed one sounds about right for $500.

The one unique feature it has is the round hilt guard. I can't tell if it's a detachable piece or if it unfolds. It'd be cooler if it unfolds.

Glam_HalfRing_NoBlade_Branded_1500x.jpgGlam_FullRing_NoBlade_Branded_1500x.jpgScreenshot_20220528-124102.jpg

Can you direct me to a replica double bladed lightsaber with display stand that does all the advertised effects for less than $500?
500, its going to be quiet like all the other ones they put out, the blades aren't close to what the after market has, and its going to be over sized like all the other hilts they produced

not for me

BUT i want you to buy one so i can check it out :cool:

Hasbro has increased the price of the Elite sabers to $279. A double bladed one sounds about right for $500.

The one unique feature it has is the round hilt guard. I can't tell if it's a detachable piece or if it unfolds. It'd be cooler if it unfolds.

View attachment 1580399View attachment 1580400View attachment 1580401
Judging by how it’s worded, it sounds like the piece is detachable, that it doesn’t fold. They don’t say anything about it folding or having different positions, just “features” which, to me, sounds like part swapping. Another letdown for the price.

500, its going to be quiet like all the other ones they put out, the blades aren't close to what the after market has, and its going to be over sized like all the other hilts they produced

not for me

BUT i want you to buy one so i can check it out :cool:
My point is that you make it sound like the asking price is absurd. But how can you say that when you can’t get anything similar at a better price. You can get hilts cheaper but not the same number of blades with the added fx functions. You can get better tech and functions but not for this price. Am I saying you should buy this? No, overall you have to be happy with it and opinions vary on what makes people happy. All I am saying is that I feel the price is reasonable.

Personally, it is a no for me but it’s not because of price. Mostly because it doesn’t spark joy for me.

Last edited:
My point is that you make it sound like the asking price is absurd. But how you say that when you can’t get anything similar at a better price. You can get hilts cheaper but not the same number of blades with the added fx functions. You can get better tech and functions but not for this price. Am I saying you should buy this? No, overall you have to be happy with it and opinions vary on what makes people happy. All I am saying is that I feel the price is reasonable.

Personally, it is a no for me but it’s not because of price. Mostly because it doesn’t spark joy for me.
That's why I collect the Force FX sabers. You can either buy them, or buy an empty custom accurate hilt for the same price (or even more), or buy a finished neo pixel saber for twice as much.

It’s a neat saber, but the fact that it can’t spin, the trademark gimmick of an Inquisitor lightsaber, doesn’t make it seem like it’s worth $500
I think it would be extremely difficult to construct a saber that is both being able to spin and detach/fold the ring.
You would have to pick one.
Out of those two, I think a detaching or folding half-ring is the best choice because it would allow the user to fence with it.
Spinning would just cause people to knock things over ... ;)

I think it would be extremely difficult to construct a saber that is both being able to spin and detach/fold the ring.
You would have to pick one.
Out of those two, I think a detaching or folding half-ring is the best choice because it would allow the user to fence with it.
Spinning would just cause people to knock things over ... ;)
I can't even wrap my head around how they would make this spin. People complain about how bulky the Force Fx sabers are. Could you imagine if they had to add motors inside of the hilt? They would need to have wires and electronics running through rings. And it's a huge safety hazard. Have you tried swinging a Hasbro double bladed Darth Maul saber? It feels like you're going to break the blade (or damage the LEDs inside) or break something without even trying.

I can't even wrap my head around how they would make this spin. People complain about how bulky the Force Fx sabers are. Could you imagine if they had to add motors inside of the hilt? They would need to have wires and electronics running through rings. And it's a huge safety hazard. Have you tried swinging a Hasbro double bladed Darth Maul saber? It feels like you're going to break the blade (or damage the LEDs inside) or break something without even trying.
Safety hazard indeed. I'm just saying that I think it would be possible to build a spinning hilt, not that it would be a a good idea. :p

Last edited:
Not a fan of Clone wars cartoon, Inquisitors, etc. So I would not be interested in this regardless. Having said that, if this thing spun it would be totally worth it for fans of this, and I think people would pay a fair amount more if it spun IMO.

Hell if it spun I would be tempted.

I can not wait to see what our MMM (Master Modifying Members) do with this to make it spin. I just made that up. MMM

Here’s a vid I took at Celebration.

Going to pass on this one, but for those interested…

Sean

I'm just gonna leave this here...

I have this saber and it. is. awesome. Yeah it's definitely more than $500 and it's not the one in the new Obi-Wan series but it's probably way better than what Haslab has to offer and with more features. It can do a lot more saber effects that what you see in the above video. You can use any vendor's NeoPixel blades with it but need to specify the amount of pixels each blade uses, in the config file. It normally takes 1" dia. blades but I machined 1" to 7/8" blade adapters for it and use 30" long, 7/8" dia. thin-walled NeoPixel blades I had my friend Obi-Shane make for me.

The only thing that would make be buy the Haslab one is if it had ALL the features mine has or if it spun.

Edit: The above saber now has the Aurabesh on both sides of both ring halves (as does mine). However at least with mine, it translates to the QWERTY keyboard layout, lol.

It's not their products in which they don't have faith, it the consumer... and with good reason. So many times fan yell and scream for certain figure, type of product or scale of product. They ask Hasbro to take chances and when they do, they product ends up on the clearance shelves.

I think Haslab is a great idea and this is the kind of project that is perfect for the process because it is risky.
Yeah, but that's from the same company who told anyone who'd listen 'no we don't shortpack'...when they always did and I imagine still do. That coupled with scalpers drove me away from their main products a long time ago.

Something like this? I'm almost with James Kenobi 1138 . I think the makers here could do better, though i'm not sure cheaper.

From an engineering standpoint, you can make it spinnable, but only with both circular halves open. To do that, the circle has to spin around an internal handle and the emitters have to be attached to the ring. Easy to achieve in 3D animation (i.e. rebels), and i imagine not a big obstacle for a filming version - but a huge obstacle for a version people will want to duel with.

So, it seems you can make it spinnable, or the circular halves fold. You might be able to be creative on an engineering standpoint and get it to do both. But if it can spin, i'd imagine those emitters will need some depth outside the ring to hold everything required for a blade. And it won't be cheap.

I get people's apprehension at 500 for something from hasbro...but i don't think it's overly expensive, especially if single hilts are going for 270ish. Hasbro's money is almost assuredly in the blades, too, not in the (i'm sure) plastic hilt portion.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back