Hasbro Haslab Reva Inquisitor Lightsaber

Jodo

Master Member
Haslab has completed some excellent projects like the Jabba Sail Barge and Razor Crest (and not completed some projects like the 6 inch scale TBS Rancor)…But I have it on good authority that the next project will be a lightsaber.

31D5C844-BEA2-4CCA-AD83-16C95DC77970.jpeg

499.00? Seems a bit high especially compared to something like the Proton Pack which was only 399.
The newest Elite Force FX lightsabers have a retail price of $278 and this is literally double the product. They have gotten too expensive. I think the first Elite sabers (Revan or Palpatine?) were only around $215.

I think the bigger issue with this (and why it will fail) is that it’s coming from new Disney material that doesn’t yet appeal to the masses. It’s not an iconic prop, it’s not associated with an iconic character, and it certainly isn’t an iconic design. At $500, I don’t think it’ll will hit its supporter goals.

Haslab should stick to 3.75 Star Wars projects. The data would indicate that they’re the only viable option for the Haslab market.

I have zero interest in this lightsaber, but if I did I bet the maker community could make an awesome static metal version far lass than $500.

On the other hand, I don't buy/collect ignited LED lightsabers but I do browse them and I know the high-end models with super bright blades, super loud sound, and all the bells-and-whistles (multiple fonts, profiles, effects, etc..) can start at $500 and go up over $1000 easy.

So IF I wanted this saber and IF I was wanting it to have light-up LED blades and sound, $500 actually isn't a bad deal.

Why does this need to be a Haslab project? TIme and again hasbro is showing they dont have faith in their own ability or brands.
I think, if it was being made, it'd HAVE to be a HasLab project. It'd be an extremely niche product, especially at that price point. This way, with no one knowing anything about the character & therefore, no way of gauging interest, if the interest isn't there, then it doesn't get made, & if it is, then they make exactly as many as they sell.

Plus, with it being a HasLab Project, there'll probably some stretch goals that may add to the value.

To the people saying we don’t know the character, the show is coming out this Friday and ends before the backing period ends. It’s not like they’re asking us to buy this before we see the show.

That being said, Hasbro’s Star Wars team is probably the weakest they have of all of their licenses, so who knows why they do anything they do.

If it were me, I would have done a Vader helmet haslab with the correct sized dome. I still think the reason the proportions are incorrect because they’re trying to keep it viable for store shelves.

Last edited:
Why does this need to be a Haslab project? TIme and again hasbro is showing they dont have faith in their own ability or brands.

It's not their products in which they don't have faith, it the consumer... and with good reason. So many times fan yell and scream for certain figure, type of product or scale of product. They ask Hasbro to take chances and when they do, they product ends up on the clearance shelves.

I think Haslab is a great idea and this is the kind of project that is perfect for the process because it is risky.

This just doesnt feel substantial enough for a Haslab. They've release Force FX Darth Maul lightsabers at retail. This doesnt seem much more complex than that unless its got a crystal chamber and a bunch of bells and whistles that arent apparent. If it had to be a Haslab because of the price, find a way to make it cheaper. And we know its not because its full metal, none of their ForceFX sabers have been.

Also, if you're gonna do an inquisitor lightsaber like this, why not do the Grand Inquisitor, one that people are more familiar with and attached to?

So the rumor is that it will have the spinning effect. I also have to wonder what extras they plan to throw in as preorders climb. I am wondering if they will offer a back harness.

So the rumor is that it will have the spinning effect. I also have to wonder what extras they plan to throw in as preorders climb. I am wondering if they will offer a back harness.
There’s a photo of the covertec on it, but it doesn’t look super functional. Will be curious to see.

Edit: I just realized how different that covertec looks. Interesting.

So according to several figures they showed today, the saber is supposed to split into two. Wonder if this one does that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back