Has anyone else fallen out of love with Doctor Who?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Richard Baker

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I liken it to watching the home across the street buy a classic vintage car, then each day you see dents, some left wing bumper stickers added, some cheap aftermarket chrome donothings,...
You try to remember how nice that car used to be and want walk over and ask the owners wtf are they thinking!?!

Cephus

Sr Member
I liken it to watching the home across the street buy a classic vintage car, then each day you see dents, some left wing bumper stickers added, some cheap aftermarket chrome donothings,...
You try to remember how nice that car used to be and want walk over and ask the owners wtf are they thinking!?!

They're not, that's the problem. It's not the car, it's the owners.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I sort of agree, but the show runner is responsible for the stories told.

Jodi Whittaker just doesn’t do it for me as the Doctor. She seems more like one of the “Almost People” trying to be the Doctor.

To be fair and so you don’t think I’m sexist, I was not a huge fan of Sylvester McCoy either. He was not a great Doctor in my opinion, as well as his stories seemed more like Saturday morning cartoons than Doctor Who.

cboath

Master Member
I sort of agree, but the show runner is responsible for the stories told.

Jodi Whittaker just doesn’t do it for me as the Doctor. She seems more like one of the “Almost People” trying to be the Doctor.

To be fair and so you don’t think I’m sexist, I was not a huge fan of Sylvester McCoy either. He was not a great Doctor in my opinion, as well as his stories seemed more like Saturday morning cartoons than Doctor Who.
Ironically, both were done when the BBC didn't care one iota about the show. Coincidence? I don't think so.

As for the showrunner, it's hard to know how much to lay at his feet when you don't know what requirements/agenda they're forcing upon him either. If it's nothing, that's reaaaalllllly bad. If they're super controlling, doing better stories gets much harder.

Per the current way they've been doing things, you'll get at least a new doctor soon. Tennant's the only new doc to pass the three season mark, and his is Jodie's third, whenever they decide to fit it into their not packed schedule.

Cephus

Sr Member
Which is what I think the problem with Doctor Wno. I blame the BBC, not the writers and actors.

I do too. Always have. The actors can only do what they're told to do. I like Jodie as an actress in general. I just don't think she's a good Doctor. I like Chris Chibnall as a writer. He's just a terrible showrunner. The writers, who knows? I don't know how much of the crap comes from them and how much comes from above. I don't think anyone does.

The one thing that's certain is it needs to stop.