Harvey Birdman helmet - Now with Pep File!

Re: Harvey Birdman helmet - Need advice.

the whole concept in and of itself is goofy and campy :lol

i love harvey birdman.....

what i would do is canary yellow, match it as close to the cartoon as possible, then use high gloss,

it would really look good.

the whole concept in and of itself is goofy and campy :lol

i love harvey birdman.....

what i would do is canary yellow, match it as close to the cartoon as possible, then use high gloss,

it would really look good.

Close to the cartoon should obviously be the goal on a replica forum like this, but I can't help but want to try and add something else to it. Ideally when people see the end result they'll think "someone put way too much time, thought, effort, and money towards looking ridiculous." :lol

The way I see it, a live-action Birdman would HAVE TO be in line with the '60s Batman. Birdman and 60s Bats were of the same decade, both brightly colored, and both hilarious (even before the Harvey Birdman incarnation, though the humor in his superhero days didn't seem to be intentional). I'll be thrilled if I can manage the sparkle effect I have in mind, but it's a big "if" since I lack the experience and knowledge of most posters here. Part of why I don't want to just go with a regular yellow and then a gloss coat is because I'd hate for the finished helmet to look 'plasticy'--or worse yet--like the helmet on the official latex mask. Then again, given my inexperience it may look far worse. :p

Time will tell...and thanks for the input on paints! The infinite shades of yellow will make me crazy.

I asked Dung0beetle if he had a helmet file that was similar and could be modified to better suit my purposes, and instead he took it upon himself to make a Birdman pep file from scratch! The link for the PDF is here:

4shared.com - free file sharing and storage

Paint Update:
After looking into paint options I found out on this forum that to achieve the sparkly quality I wanted I'd have to use auto paint that's well outside my price range, so something flatter will have to do.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back