Harry Potter Noble Collection Tom Riddle diary modification

ecl

Sr Member
I recently purchased Noble Collection's Tom Riddle diary, and it's actually a pretty nice replica, but I decided to modify it into the destroyed version of the prop.

The pages were watered down and acrylic ink was applied. Still have a lot of weathering to do on the cover and fine tune the colors, surface, etc. I'll update it with final pics eventually.

Last edited:
Thanks :) I'll take better pics when the lighting is better. I recommend the Noble Collection diary, it's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Here are the finished pics of the diary. Also attached a pic of one of the diary props seen in the page to screen book.

The Noble diary arrives looking really new looking, but I still think it's a decent value for the money. It's reasonably close to the prop, and even the font for Tom Marvolo Riddle tag on the back is basically the same as the one seen in the page to screen book, however there are versions of the prop without it, and with different leather variations. The metal corners look decent as well. I ended up sanding mine and then weathering them. The only thing that I still don't really like about the noble diary is the pronounced leather texture on the cover. The screen prop is generally more smooth or has more subtle textures. But overall not bad for 35 bucks

38432297.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments!

Do you have photos on how you did this step by step? I would love to do this my Riddle's Diary.

Great job!

I don't have step by step photos, but I can do a write up here on how I did it and what I used, etc. I'll try to do that in a few days.

Thanks for the comments!

I don't have step by step photos, but I can do a write up here on how I did it and what I used, etc. I'll try to do that in a few days.

That would be awesome if you could do it and very much appreciated!

I've wanted to do this to my noble diary since I got it but was always worried about screwing something up and making a $35 dollar mistake! You really nailed it and did an awesome job! would love to hear how you did it!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back