Harry Potter Golden Snitch

GusA07

Hello, I was just wondering if anybody knew of a coolFX golden snitch for sale anywhere or if anybody has any tips or experience modifying the noble collections golden snitch ie. Removing the stand and silver movement trail thing.
Thanks for your help

Because i was just thinking if i tried to saw off the stand of the noble collections one it may leave a silver mark does anyone know how this can be helped??

Last edited:
Also, id like to ask what people think i could do to make my own golden snitch.
I think i could maybe start by buying a brass ball of perhaps 1 - 1.5 inches (ive seen somewhere where you get two - www.eballz.com/new/daballz.html) and then buy myself an engraver and engrave the design of the golden snitch, what do you think?
I think it would be better to buy the noble collection golden snitch if i didnt have the problem that once i saw off the stand it will leave a silver patch on the bottom. Please reply with your ideas

Last edited:
Cutting the Noble version will leave a mark, mine did. It's in the back, so as a display piece you won't see it.

You could always have it re-plated if it bothered you enough.

good idea! how big is the silver mark, do you know?

While I don't actually have it, from the pictures on Noble's site, it doesn't look like it wuld be that big of a mark, it'd be noticable, but i'd estimate no bigger than a nickle by the looks of it.

Lol, is it sad that i didn't even know Noble had this?

You said you had a Noble, right? The mark is only as big as the part of the "tail" that is connected to the snitch. In fact, it's closer to the size of a half of a dime, not a nickel... horrible joke, but still funny to me for some reason.

no i dont actually have the noble version, just trying to decide which way to get a snitch on its own would be best.
I think the coolFX version would be preferable but its a bit expensive and i think id struggle to find one anyway.
I can only hope :)

ohh, teecrooz you said you had the noble version right?
please could you tell me whether it is a realistic size or not? and do you think it is heavy?

Last edited:
I don't have my cast from screen used version any longer, but I believe the Noble is slightly larger. It's not a terrible amount, so you wouldn't really notice.

It has a bit if weight to it, so it feels nice.

Who knows, maybe Noble will come out with one that has, "I open at the close" imprinted on it. Don't bother asking customer service though, they never know what's in the pipeline.

yeah that would be a great idea!
maybe i could add this to the one i might make (out of the brass ball and engrave it), do you think this is a good idea by the way?

Thats really nice! i thought id make mine out of brass though, it would give it a better feel being made out metal because its heavier

does anyone have any infomation on the makers of the rare golden snitch that coolFX apparently made cos i can't find any info on them anywhere?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back