Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Is it just me or does it look like the dark forces cover is an etched piece of weathered copper fastened to an old book with nails or rivets?

It's not just you. I think some of the books were just tossed together. I especially don't care much for "Hogwarts, A History." Looks like a jumper my mom made me where when I was a kid.

Does anyone have a hi-res or CLEAR copy of what the top of the Daily Prophet looks like? Not just the logo part of it, but the bar that shows the weather and such. I can't read any of it and would love to make some daily prophets for us!

Thank you so much, Hinkypunk! It's just what I was looking for. I'm loving the book covers too! Oh, I would be interested in McGonagall's font if you if make one. :)
When is your party? We are working on a Harry Potter party for our son. It'll be in late May, but there's so much to do!

I used this logo for some stuff in my apt. You are welcome to it, if itll work for you.

ollivanders.jpg

For the hpgwarts express ticket, I used a paper that Office depot carries. It is a metallic paper that is mild enough that it makes other colors printed on it shiny.

It is called:Wausau paper creative collection metallics

The color is: champagne pearl

Item #46600

It adds just enough sheen to make it just a bit more magical, but black stays flat. It's amazing!

Thank you so much, Hinkypunk! It's just what I was looking for. I'm loving the book covers too! Oh, I would be interested in McGonagall's font if you if make one. :)
When is your party? We are working on a Harry Potter party for our son. It'll be in late May, but there's so much to do!

Thanks for the kind words :) I probably will make the font, but its on the backburner for the moment.

The party is on March 12th. And yes, so much to do. Luckily though, three rooms of my apt are filled with HP stuff so I don't have to decorate :angel

Nice packet Brucelee!!! Thanks very much!!! A Mandrake one will be cool , I love this solanum sp. Mandragora officinarum (I´m a pharmacist) ;D

Brucelee42, these seed packets are so neat! I'd like to use them as party favors my son's HP birthday if that's OK? I wonder if I should put real seeds in them or some type of candy? Really really cool!

Thanks! It was fun to make them. I cant take credit for the illustrations on the back though, just stuff I found on the net

@elfstacy - use them any way you want. Whos to say the seeds for these magical plants don't taste sweet!

Between Brucelee42 and Hinkypunk, I'm filling up my memory fast with all these great props:):thumbsup.

Seriously. At this rate, the admins are just going to need to make a "Harry Potter" section for us to put stuff in. We have so many things that are floating around on pages that are unseen too. Would be nice to organize it all.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back