Hard start to a Hulk Costume?

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Samohtep, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Samohtep

Samohtep Member

A friend of mine is working on building a hulk costume, but we're having a hard time starting. Does anyone know of any previous builds/experiences...

He's already a big guy, 6'5" 250ish so I'm thinking we just accentuate his size? Short stilts and bulk up his body?

2. Psicorp7

Psicorp7 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Check out this thread for some great muscle suit links.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/searching-muscle-suit-138250/

Be careful with stilts. It can look real fake real quick. Lift shoes or fake lift feet are a better option. Hulk is always barefoot anyway.

Good luck, Hulk is a tough one to pull off.

3. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

I don't know a lot about this sort of thing, but i'd be looking at a body suit with sculpted foam muscles attached to it.....

Rich

4. Samohtep

Samohtep Member

5. spiderfan11

spiderfan11 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Giant Muscle Suits

IMO, that is by far the best website to use. His suits look amazing and I believe he can even paint them however you want. As far as looking realistic, this is as close as you'll get. Much better than a latex bodysuit. I know there was a guy on The League of Heroes making a Kilowog costume from Green Lantern with one not too long ago, might be worth checking out.

6. Samohtep

Samohtep Member

Yeah, those look great, but I know there is no way he'll want to spend the movie for that kind of piece

7. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

8. Samohtep

Samohtep Member

WOW! That seems like the thing to do

9. awestdesign

awestdesign New Member

best way to start on a bigger guy is get fitted long sleeve shirt for him to wear and block out your muscle scuplts out of 5" to 6" foam it's expensive stuff to buy but if you hop on craigslist and look for curb alert couches. And go take the cushions they work awesome. Im building my hulk aswell im 6'4 but im only 200 lbs so im doing alot of bulking.

10. joedjc

joedjc New Member

Check this out... I made this for halloween this is my HULK 1.0...2.0 Is bigger
    HULK costume

11. TurboTrey03

TurboTrey03 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

joe i actually have pics saved on my comp recently of your suit! care to share the process you went through?

12. joedjc

joedjc New Member

I dont have many underconstruction images for HULK 2.0 nor a detailed build description, other then the link, but Im curently planning a new HULK 3.0 and a juggernaut... so in the mean time hit me up with any questions