Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

That's the Stembridge version. It was built on a live firing Mauser that had those grips. It's the blaster that Han picks up from the ground when he comes out of the bunker and uses to blast the Stormtroopers.

Actually I just watched the bunker sequence where R2 comes to try to open the door... that's the same gun Harrison uses. No piston greeblie under the scope mount on the right. Markings are the same, and it has that Fat/thick dovetail bar.

Dangit... guess I need another scope, mount, and have to make complete custom everything else for the live fire. There are no screws... hmmm I wonder how that's attached the the Mauser...????

Everyone's builds are looking awesome! But, does anybody else notice that little hole in the underside of the ROTJ blaster here?
018[1].jpg

Obviously, it was built on an MGC, but I've never seen a hole like that on the underside of the front meeting slide. I have two MGCs, and neither exhibit anything like that. The Denix has that nasty screw there, but that looks different.

The Denix:
wtf5[1].jpg

I know that the ROTJ blaster was given a coat of black paint... Could that hole there simply be a spot where the paint dripped a little, and a drip dried while it was still hanging down, like an icicle? Then if it later snapped, could it create that effect? I can't imagine that they drilled a hole there for no reason, and I see no reason to put a screw there either - with a screw there, the MGC wouldn't cycle.

Am I missing something here? :confused

Everyone's builds are looking awesome! But, does anybody else notice that little hole in the underside of the ROTJ blaster here?
View attachment 375634

Obviously, it was built on an MGC, but I've never seen a hole like that on the underside of the front meeting slide. I have two MGCs, and neither exhibit anything like that. The Denix has that nasty screw there, but that looks different.

The Denix:
View attachment 375635

I know that the ROTJ blaster was given a coat of black paint... Could that hole there simply be a spot where the paint dripped a little, and a drip dried while it was still hanging down, like an icicle? Then if it later snapped, could it create that effect? I can't imagine that they drilled a hole there for no reason, and I see no reason to put a screw there either - with a screw there, the MGC wouldn't cycle.

Am I missing something here? :confused

That's not something that's generally on MGCs. It looks like they drilled a hole and added a rivet to stop the barrel and receiver from moving

That's not something that's generally on MGCs. It looks like they drilled a hole and added a rivet to stop the barrel and receiver from moving

That was an idea that I had. But why would they do it? The MGCs need that little bit of play to them to be capable of cycling the plug fire caps. Anchoring it down like that would not only restrict that functionality, but, if the rivet/screw/pin is deep enough, then it could go into the hollow chamber at the beginning of the MGC barrel that holds the plug fire cap when it's fired. If there would be a pin or something sticking out in there, then the cartridge wouldn't even be able fit in there.

These prop guys sure did dome weird stuff... :wacko

That was an idea that I had. But why would they do it? The MGCs need that little bit of play to them to be capable of cycling the plug fire caps. Anchoring it down like that would not only restrict that functionality, but, if the rivet/screw/pin is deep enough, then it could go into the hollow chamber at the beginning of the MGC barrel that holds the plug fire cap when it's fired. If there would be a pin or something sticking out in there, then the cartridge wouldn't even be able fit in there.

These prop guys sure did dome weird stuff... :wacko

Why would they care about functionality of the MGC ? They have alive fire model for that. Right?

BTW: I think the real prop pictures are great, you really see the build details. However I would suggest that they not be used as a source for matching weathering. I'm going to assume that most of these images were taken many years after production. Historically, many props from the LFL archives were damaged and/or deteriorated over time.

EDIT: I also posted this over at: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=223297&page=2&p=3427334&viewfull=1#post3427334 to keep all the build stuff together.

Last edited:
I received my accurized Denix and kit over the weekend. Absolutely awesome. Thanks again Bobadebt for all your work on this project!

Mike

#rd group s done and should e ship in the next couple of days.

I am in the process od sending confirmation emails to the 4th group.

Everything is going well so far :)

A box of blaster awesomeness arrived today! :D It's been a long road and I'm so happy with the results, Thank you for making this possible. :thumbsup

Received and have mine displayed. I could not be happier with the result! Thank you boba for all of your hard work on this!!! No wonder your blasters always get such great reviews. Now I want another! :)

Mine's still travelling... went from NC... to... Florida?

Apparently they are going to take the long way to the west coast and up to Canada....

Got mine too :) really high quality parts!

Spent most of the day learning to use pewter black :)

Will post a pic once I'm done.

Thanks again Boba,

3oin

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back