Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

That looks great! What did you use to tint the handle darker? Paint? Stain? Just wondering. I like the darker look.

Mine is sort of done:

Made myself a ROTJ on an MGC with the new Bobadebt run parts. It was the ******* child of the DL-44 legacy and I never like it much... until I got it in my hands!!! I LOVE It now.

Some things not finished, are no rivets in pistons yet. I think I won't actually put holes in the gun to do this and will just use the rivet heads instead. They're adhered now with 3M vhb tape... so not budging anyway.

I also "weathered" the anodized parts with a light coat of satin black enamel...then worn away with steel wool. This gave the depth and weathering without killing the anodizing, or too much elbow grease. I gotta thank Bobadebt for that idea!

Some slight AL black on the flash hider for some slight weathering. The screen props didn't look too weathered on the FH, so I tried to replicate what I saw a little.

Brilliant!:cool

Regards,

Alberto

Thanks guys!

darker grips:

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-168.jpg

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-169.jpg

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-174.jpg

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-176.jpg

Here you can see the original MGC brown poking through
Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-177.jpg

ok and check the "weathering" Paint over... anodizing? or paint?

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-182.jpg

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Original-Prop-Blog-184.jpg

Just received a very exciting package in the mail today.. and I must say everything looks FANTASTIC! Hopefully I can get started weathering this weekend and get some pics up soon.

I will ship the last of the second group today and I started to send the confirmation emails to the 3rd group.

24 members for both projects, this one and the Denix Project, have not responded to my pre-confirmation email.

After I start the 4th group I will contact those members individually

Last edited:
here's some more reference pics for you guys. I fixed these pics a bit (open in new tab/window for larger):

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

620762_526147807412535_1990618637_o.jpg

stembridge.jpg

Hey all, here's mine just in from BobaDebt. It is fully assembled and painted. I'm extremely happy with the results! Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I had to take them in a hurry this morning as I was heading out the door.

9DB9C0E0-3B1A-4BA8-BA41-83FB36A27CEE_zpscad7t8kt.jpg

8F23BC65-5E04-4012-8EF0-C3FE75DEEAD1_zpsccrby89v.jpg

Hey all, here's mine just in from BobaDebt. It is fully assembled and painted. I'm extremely happy with the results! Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I had to take them in a hurry this morning as I was heading out the door.

That loos great but if you have no plans to weather it I would clear coat the black parts with a matte spray top coat

Dude that is a fine looking blaster. What kind of paint did you use ?

I painted it for him, I use Rust-oleum BBQ Black and a heat gun to cure it.

Is it just me or does the "full scope" version look like is has screws instead of rivets holding the pistons on?

YOUR RIGHT!!!, what a great discovery. I always noticed the messed up key hole details but never the philips screw heads.

Just a light coat of black the whole thing and weathered down with steel wool
Scott,

The wood grips are sooo nice, but after seeing yours and the photos of the prop I am considering going with painting them.

What kind of paint did you use?

thanks.

Mike

pretty rare real mauser variation... I have seen similar grips, but nothing exactly matching yet.

That's one of the live fire versions. There may have been more than one.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back