Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

Got my scope today. May be the nicest fan made replica I've ever gotten. Absolutely a masterpiece!! I love the finish too. :)

Quick mock up on my MGC. I've attached the scope mount but the greeblies are just temporarilly attached until I finish/paint it.

Really great kit, looking forward to the Han Bespin :)

P1050731.JPG

I have been working a lot but I have been send out email updates.

The mauser have been machined and I should have them by this weekend and will start the shipping process.

Thanks for hanging in there

Just a quick update.

I have shipped most of the mausers and kits that were requested "As Is" and will ship new AS IS orders as they come in.

The rest have been broken down into batches and each batch has 5-6 members in it based on their reply date. At this time I am up to 4 batches but not everyone has replied.

As others reply I will create new batches

I have sent the final confirmation email to most of the first batch and should be able to send that email to the rest of the members this weekend.

I hope to have all of the first batch shipped by Monday, at that time I will mark the members names from each run as SHIPPED

Most of you are requesting extra work done to your kit, I didn't expect that but I'm having fun and making some extra Holiday Hobby Cash at the same time.

I almost forgot how much fun I had building blasters :)

Just a quick update.

I have shipped most of the mausers and kits that were requested "As Is" and will ship new AS IS orders as they come in.

The rest have been broken down into batches and each batch has 5-6 members in it based on their reply date. At this time I am up to 4 batches but not everyone has replied.

As others reply I will create new batches

I have sent the final confirmation email to most of the first batch and should be able to send that email to the rest of the members this weekend.

I hope to have all of the first batch shipped by Monday, at that time I will mark the members names from each run as SHIPPED

Most of you are requesting extra work done to your kit, I didn't expect that but I'm having fun and making some extra Holiday Hobby Cash at the same time.

I almost forgot how much fun I had building blasters :)

That's great to know! This is still a hobby for the most of us, reading this words from an old and active member like You mate, is simply great!!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

I'll hit that second run.

If I understand you correctly, you are asking to be part of the second batch (run) ????

Unfortunately this run is closed so there is no way to get into this project if you are not already a member

I have received all of the parts required to ship the kits and I am working them in small batches of 5-7 to keep my work load manageable.

I’m finishing up the last kit of the first group and will ship it on Tuesday.

Once it’s shipped I will start sending the confirmation emails to the 2nd group.

I had shipping issues with 2 packages out of the first group, the boxes got mangled and the barrels protruded out of the box.

To combat this issue I bought some rebar caps and have started to install them on the end of the barrel to increase the size to make it less likely to poke through the box.

If this doesn’t fix the issue I may have to start using a larger box which could increase the cost of shipping.

Mine is sort of done:

Made myself a ROTJ on an MGC with the new Bobadebt run parts. It was the ******* child of the DL-44 legacy and I never like it much... until I got it in my hands!!! I LOVE It now.

Some things not finished, are no rivets in pistons yet. I think I won't actually put holes in the gun to do this and will just use the rivet heads instead. They're adhered now with 3M vhb tape... so not budging anyway.

I also "weathered" the anodized parts with a light coat of satin black enamel...then worn away with steel wool. This gave the depth and weathering without killing the anodizing, or too much elbow grease. I gotta thank Bobadebt for that idea!

Some slight AL black on the flash hider for some slight weathering. The screen props didn't look too weathered on the FH, so I tried to replicate what I saw a little.

G20140908-112849.jpg

G20140908-113158.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back