Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

Edit: sorry, I'll hold off on any questions! I think I just got too excited! Haha

Last edited:
I appreciate your enthusiasm but I would prefer to hold off on discussing the details until more people join.

I also like to guide the discussion so that the thread is easier to follow.

A thread about a prop with this many parts can get hectic and confusing very fast.

Confusion leads to frustration and that leads to failed projects.

This is only day one and we already have 18 members, I’m sure we will be discussing the details in no time and I really want to get the easy stuff out of the way first.

The first 3 parts I would like to discuss are the Flash Hider, Spacer Washers and Beveled Washers

I am pretty confident that my replicas are the most accurate available but I will address each part so we can discuss them if needed

FLASH HIDER
My design features the barrel through design and the second hole. The only detail that has been debated in the past is the past is that some pictures of the flash hider show unequal widths on the series of cubes that are located at the back of the part. In my opinion there is no definitive way to determine the exact measurement of each cube so we normally go with equal widths.

SPACER WASHERS
These are for the scope bracket. They are a pretty simple part that no one has ever questioned

BEVELED WASHERS
These are for the scope bracket They are a pretty simple part. No one has ever questioned the measurements of these but some wanted them made from brass instead of aluminum. In the past this has doubled the cost.

That is what I would like to discuss for now.

I will leave the floor open on these parts until Friday and if no one presents any earth shattering revelations we will move onto the scope bracket

Last edited:
FLASH HIDER
My design features the barrel through design and the second hole. The only detail that has been debated in the past is the past is that some pictures of the flash hider show unequal widths on the series of cubes that are located at the back of the part. In my opinion there is no definitive way to determine the exact measurement of each cub so we normally go with equal widths.

I can't think of a technical reason why the spacing would be different. As such and variance would be guesswork at best. So, I agree with the equal spacing.

SPACER WASHERS
These are for the scope bracket. They are a pretty simple part that no one has ever questioned
Fine by me.

BEVELED WASHERS
These are for the scope bracket They are a pretty simple part. No one has ever questioned the measurements of these but some wanted them made from brass instead of aluminum. In the past this has doubled the cost.
If we were building of a real mauser and it could be documented that the original were brass, then I would say that would be the best way to go. As we're building off a replica, I personally think the aluminum is fine.

I can't think of a technical reason why the spacing would be different. As such and variance would be guesswork at best. So, I agree with the equal spacing.

The generally accepted opinion is that the machinist cut the grooves between the cubes by sight instead of using an indexing head which would have created equal cubes.

The generally accepted opinion is that the machinist cut the grooves between the cubes by sight instead of using an indexing head which would have created equal cubes.

Which is exactly what I would if I didn't have an indexing vise set up, dialed in, and on a time crunch for a non-functioning part. Makes sense to me.

I would prefer the spaces to be even, just aesthetically! But I'll go with whatever the popular opinion is of course! And brass seems unnecessary since it would just drive the price up. Everything sounds good to me so far!

Good feed back so far

I would like to point out that we still need 20-30 people to get in on this run or the pricing could be a lot higher

Last edited:
I like the look of equal spacing. I also like the price point of aluminum as well. Everything looks great so far.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back