Han Solo DL-44 budget builds

Mat

Hi,
First some background:
Having a young SW fan home is a great motivator to craft stuff. So one of my son's request was of course Solo's blaster. One afternoon we took some wooden plank, a bottle some tube packaging and few screws and here is what came out of it. (Belt came on another afternoon)

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

But we want more - and now I want one for myself. I got a Denix one for me and a cheap (~4$) plastic BB gun for my son.

5.jpg

Now, the idea behind this project is make it really cheap, good looking, old school - using parts I can find in various places (I simply love the idea behind that) Also I want to be able to use both guns for more accurate builds in the future so I don't want to damage them to much, and keep that in mind when drilling the main holes.

Next step was getting the scope. I have found nice looking scope for air soft guns (4.5 $) The fi on it is around 20mm and it has higher mount, but it;s metal and looks cool. I'll need to cut the end to make it bit shorter

8.jpg

So, yesterday I went shopping to my local hardware shop to see what I could use. As always plumbing and electricity departments came handy. Those parts are from 1/4 to 1 $) But I couldn't believe my eyes when found this pistol end for watering (2.5$) Can you see it ?!

6.jpg

How about now ?

7.jpg

Combined with some plastic and copper tube. I even like the groves.

11.jpg

Here is a rough mock up of the BB gun the aluminium L shaped rail will be shorter because of the height scope mount.

9.jpg

And here with Denix

10.jpg

TBC.....

Mat

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so nice to see some grass roots builds here, and not just "look what I had CNC'd" or "look what I 3D printed off a site." I'm a big fan of "LOOK WHAT I FOUND!"

Keep it up. Looks great.

Sabs

Looks great! We did a whole family Star Wars theme a couple Halloweens ago. I bought an orange and white toy DL-44 that makes the blaster sound for like $15 then modded it a little and repainted it. Screen accurate? Not remotely. But it looks good and my boys love playing with it. I've been wanting to make a functioning airsoft one, though.
Han Solo Blaster.JPG

Last edited:
Brilliant find with the nozzle! Genius! Both look really cool. Can I ask where you found the cheap airsoft and the scope? I see cheapo Mausers on eBay but was under the impression that they're undersized, while yours looks about right.

Love it, did kind of the same thing with mine. I mounted my scope a little differently though. Nice work!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back