Han Solo Blaster

That Movie Guy

I'm trying to build a replica of Han Solo's Blaster from ANH. This is the base gun I have. Does anyone know where I could find the parts to complete this project. Thank you for your help
20191016_121228.jpg

Well, if you're going for an ANH version, you've got the wrong base gun.

If you're not a stickler for accuracy, the M712 can work, but the M712 is only used in the more recent films, TFA and Solo.

The base gun I got was a gift. My wife knows what a Star Wars fan I am and have talk about building this blaster. Is there anything out there that can help get close to the ANH version. I have look on ebay and etsy. If was to get a new base gun what kind should I look for and about how much would it cost? Thank you for your feedback and help.

A denix would be the most affordable option, usually around $80. Check out vmusicstore on ebay, he basically sells the parts to make any variant of the DL-44 you want.

Thank you everyone. When I am looking for a new base gun. What should I be looking for. I know someone said Denix. But is there a certain model or how do I know which one is the correct one to buy.

There's a couple of vendors that sell really good parts

Darkenergycreations who currently sells an aluminium and cast pewter kit, sometimes sells a steel kit which is much preferred (also provides the best grips on the market)

Vmusic ebay a.k.a. warmachinepaintball.com who sells great steel and aluminium kits which i currently own. Sells milled denix bases and complete kits aswell that need bluing.

Toddscostumes which sells the most accurate scope replica to date (functional!) and steel kits.

Each of the above have different ways of attacking the parts.

For the base, I'd wait a couple of months for fieldmarshal's steel replica mauser he is making.

Either way, i spent close to $1000 AUD on mine. Here it is below minus the rear brass scope ring and tomtitt cylinders which im updating on the workbench (new reticle insert update and new plastic ones coming in) it uses a steel field marshall kit permablued and walnut dec grips.

IMG20191017062723.jpg

I would second what Gerard 2567 said, I have dealt with all of those vendors and they all have top notch stuff. The Denix is pretty nasty out of the box but can be cleaned up with some patience. It all depends on how much money you want to throw into this thing.

Thank you everyone for you suggestions and help. As mentioned the original gun was a gift from my wife and she bought it off of ebay. So we need to see if we can return it and get our money back. Once we get our money back I will start looking for a replacement gun that is in my price range. One I do, rest a sure I will posting updates on my progress and most likely ask for more advice or suggestions.

For a decent mauser that is relatively cheap, denix is the currently the only one. Luckily vmusic has extremely modded denix's for sale. He usually mills most detail to make it more accurate aswell as adding a magplate as a seperate entity. He even mills some for electronic installs and barrel adaptors.

Unless u want a cheap plastic mauser

There's a couple of vendors that sell really good parts

Darkenergycreations who currently sells an aluminium and cast pewter kit, sometimes sells a steel kit which is much preferred (also provides the best grips on the market)

Vmusic ebay a.k.a. warmachinepaintball.com who sells great steel and aluminium kits which i currently own. Sells milled denix bases and complete kits aswell that need bluing.

Toddscostumes which sells the most accurate scope replica to date (functional!) and steel kits.

Each of the above have different ways of attacking the parts.

For the base, I'd wait a couple of months for fieldmarshal's steel replica mauser he is making.

Either way, i spent close to $1000 AUD on mine. Here it is below minus the rear brass scope ring and tomtitt cylinders which im updating on the workbench (new reticle insert update and new plastic ones coming in) it uses a steel field marshall kit permablued and walnut dec grips.

View attachment 1073240
Any chance those parts might fit a KWC M712?

I’ve been working on a blaster factory kit (war machine) and it’s great, highly recommend checking him out. He offers full kits and specific parts for modifications. Accurate base gun or not that’s still a pretty cool and thoughtful gift from your wife!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back