Han Solo blaster -advice on where to start looking

Kal-L

I've owned a few blasters in my day, but it's been a while since I've had to hunt for one, or think of creating one.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to start assembling a Solo ANH blaster - not the GK and not the millionaire's path, either...;)

I'd appreciate it.

-D

Hey PR-.

I need to start at the ground floor, with part acquisition, and then move into construction.

Take my hand, I'm a stranger in paradise....:D

Ah-ha.

Thanks PR....put me on that list for the supressor. :)

So I'll get the Mauser, get your flash piece and just....wait it out.....:)

I can do that.

-Dave

Have you checked out Blast-Tech yet?

Blast-Tech

This isn't the most screen accurate version by a long shot, but it isn't bad. PR's flash supressor is half the price and twice as good, so wait for that one. The real advantage here is that it's easy. One stop shopping.

Give it a look. At the very least it's an easy source for a Denix Mauser.

{Edit in}
I don't think this is a thread hijak because it is directly related to the topic at hand:

Is anyone familiar with the airsoft Mauser made by HFC Gas Guns? I know the clip is too long and would need to be cut down or replaced, but other than that is it a good base for building a DL-44? Is it any more accurate than the Denix option in representing the Hero gun? It's 50-100% more expensive than a Denix (so far the best price I found is $99.95, worst $124.99), but should be less expensive and easier to find than a MGC.

I am first and formost concerned with finding an accurate and affordable representation fo the Hero prop... however, it would be a hoot to get is some target practice with a gas airsoft Han Solo Blaster :p

Here's a pic:

Well, the 9mm Model 712 that you posted a photo of is accurate to the Sitting Target prop, which, incidentally, used the Hero scope & bracket later adapted for Han Solo's blaster by Bapty:

reed_rpf.JPG

dia_0171_rpf.JPG

But to convert it to the ANH hero, you'd need to lose the auto-fire selector switch, plug up the bottom of the clip housing, and add the bottom step to the front before adding any of the ANH parts and barrel modifications to it. Also, while a minor difference, the upper receiver rails have a larger outer diameter than the standard 7.63 mm C96 model and the magazine housing on the 712 doesn't taper toward the front. Also, since the 712 was chambered for 9mm, there are likely several areas in the upper & lower receivers where you'll find width and feature differences.

- Gabe

If you want I Denix Mauser, go here. This is the best price I've seen yet. Very fast shipping too.

You might want to get this while you can. Since the Denix factory burt down, no one knows it they'll be making any more.

Thanks for the link SWFreak. I ordered two last night.

How about the grips? I know from research that the Denix comes with cheap plastic grips. I've found tutorials for replacing them with wooden ones, and Sarco Inc. or Numrich Gun Parts Company (GPC). Does anyone have other otpions? Are these two really it, or are they so much better than other options that they might as well be it?

Here's a very nice grip tutorial with links to GPC and Sarco for those interested:
http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/grips.htm

I know Prop Runner is planning an ANH scop project, but what about the ESB version? I know there are several resin casting available from a number of sources. Are there any metal options? I have found blue prints, but the facilities to manufacture this myself at the moment. It'sw my understanding that the real scope goes for big bucks on eBay. I can't swing that right now. Anyone have some options?

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back