Han Solo belt buckles

Nikkos Khann

Hello everyone, does anyone know who can make the buckles for the Han solo belt and holster? MP probductions wont sell them seperate from the belt now so I am looking for another source.

Also, if anyone know how to make them and can share with me where to get the metal, how to cut it and so forth please let me know.

Thanks,
Nikkos

Hi Nikkos!

I made a couple of simple replica buckles a while back- Not super accurate, but light weight and decent looking. I used thin aluminum sheet metal from the hardware store (In that case It was Orchard Supply) and cut it with tin snips. Bent the edges around to make it look thick, and attached a second plate in the back that the matching buckles could hook into. (This had slots, made using a drill and hand files. Today I'd drill and dremel it...)

I'm getting mine laser cut at a local steel fabrication shop. Depending on how they come out, I'll be watching this thread for anyone that does offer them just in case mine don't come out well...

I am making a set of buckles from Stainless Steel and a plasma cutting table. I used photos posted elsewhere on the RPF to estimate the size since no one seems to have measurements specs on the original belt or buckles. I assume the belt was/is 2 1/2" wide since the under belt is 1 1/2" wide.

I scaled my measurements based on the photos and the size relationships should be accurate. I can post the drawings with dimensions if anyone is interested. I will post pictures of the plasma cut steel buckles when they are done.

Thanks,
Fletch

I am making a set of buckles from Stainless Steel and a plasma cutting table. I used photos posted elsewhere on the RPF to estimate the size since no one seems to have measurements specs on the original belt or buckles. I assume the belt was/is 2 1/2" wide since the under belt is 1 1/2" wide.

I scaled my measurements based on the photos and the size relationships should be accurate. I can post the drawings with dimensions if anyone is interested. I will post pictures of the plasma cut steel buckles when they are done.

Thanks,
Fletch

I'd be interested in seeing your drawings with dimensions, Fletch - I'm going to try my hand at making a similar belt. Thanks!

Ok, So I happened to find a friend who has a plasma cutting table and welding kit. He made my buckles for me and they came out great. I sat with him and he used a CAD program to design the parts and then welded them together for me. I made the backs of the buckles so that I could change them from front to back depending on which costume I wanted to do. I have included some pics of the belt I completed. I ended up selling it to start on a Luke ESB belt and holster. Here are some pics of the buckles. If you want the dimensions PM me or email me and I can have my friend print out the CAD dimensions.

I changed the droid caller clip out for a more accurate one I found on ebay after this picture was taken. The next belt I make will have the correct number of snaps on the back and I will move the droid caller holder forward.

6860225988_2d1a8a699f.jpg

6860226038_259717ee4f.jpg

Fletch, that belt and buckle look great. Please post the Luke Skywalker one when you're finished. I've always wanted to make one myself and would love to see how yours came out.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back