Han Solo ANH Blaster From RIA, Prev on Pawn Stars

Oh man… can you imagine if the protectors gun wasn’t the hero, and brazed lugs thing on the side wasn’t unique to only Star Wars/NR? On the rare chance the protectors gun is this auction one (we have no proof just spitballing) then the claim of marks on the side meaning Star Wars isn’t even true haha oh damn

Yes. More were made for ESB and parts of the ANH were reused.
Just to be clear.
I think the question was…

Was there more than one holster rig made for ANH ?

I think you are saying that additional holsters were made for ESB and that the ANH holster was cannibalized and reused for ESB?

Oh man… can you imagine if the protectors gun wasn’t the hero, and brazed lugs thing on the side wasn’t unique to only Star Wars/NR? On the rare chance the protectors gun is this auction one (we have no proof just spitballing) then the claim of marks on the side meaning Star Wars isn’t even true haha oh damn
Sorry. Confused of what you are saying.

Just for clarity, the cut barrels and scope mount lugs are used in NR, H&R, Sweeney and Protectors as well as SW.

The right side lugs on the Protectors gun is interesting and confusing.

The HERO and MerrSonn upper AND lowers are the same. The MerrSonn has LEFT side lugs, the HERO RIGHT side lugs. To me, this means the gun had to be given to Lucas with LEFT side lugs first and then molded for the MerrSonns. Then the lug side swapped for the HERO.

If this is true then the Professionals gun (The Professionals. S01 E08. Everest Was Also Conquered.)
(1972-1974) can't be the HERO.

I was even checking to see if they reversed the film and the lugs were on the left! ; ) But no... It has right side lugs.

You can watch the episode here.

the protectors.jpg

1662099565572.png

protectors no scope.jpg

Last edited:
MAYBE there was a second DL-44 on set and that's the one Master Replicas copied to get so many Hero details wrong.

MAYBE there was a second DL-44 on set and that's the one Master Replicas copied to get so many Hero details wrong.
Interesting thought but I don’t think MR was on set to see it and according to Tony, ALL the c96s were stripped down to their original Mauser base after the production, so when could MR have seen it?

Kind of chicken and egg.

Also, Tony said that Carl fabricated the PS mount without the dovetail because it was too “complicated “ and should have been confusing to fans.

If this is true then the Protectors gun (The Professionals. S01 E08. Everest Was Also Conquered.)
(1972-1974) can't be the HERO.
Sorry now I'm confused... Are The Protectors and The Professionals somehow the same thing?

They seem to be different shows - the former 1972-74, the latter 1977-83 - and that episode is listed as 1978...

Blunder...

Should be Professionals.

On the IMFDB, it says "Modified to convert into a sniper rifle. Used in "The Protectors", and in "Star Wars"" hence the blunder...
sorry

Last edited:
Blunder...

Should be Professionals.

Cool, no worries - easily mixed-up names. Just as a suggestion, it might be worth going back to the handful of prior references to "The Protectors" and changing them to "The Professionals" just to avoid confusion by future readers of the thread.

Could also see about the possibility of locating an appearance in The Protectors - I suppose both could theoretically be true.

Thanks for clarifying!

Sorry now I'm confused... Are The Protectors and The Professionals somehow the same thing?

They seem to be different shows - the former 1972-74, the latter 1977-83 - and that episode is listed as 1978...
You are correct sir!

The fact that this episode aired in 1978 AFTER ANH means this could possibly be the ANH lower.
Not sure anyone else noticed or mentioned that before. Nice!

So this fits the HERO MerrSonn timeline without issue!

The Upper looks like a bull barrel in the walking shot. Guess it has to be some sort to be a rife barrel. Wish there was a higher res video!

I'm going to watch the episode again to see if there are any other tidbits to see.

Last edited:
Interesting thought but I don’t think MR was on set to see it and according to Tony, ALL the c96s were stripped down to their original Mauser base after the production, so when could MR have seen it?

I'm sure they weren't on set so how did MR replicate any of the firearm-based weapons?
I always assumed they went to the LF archives but since we know that all the guns were returned to Bapty, were the MR replicas based solely on photographs?
And since MR did get so many details wrong, could there have been photographs in the archive of a different DL-44?
I'm not trying to defend Tony. This whole incident was handled dishonestly from start to finish.
I'm just wondering if this one mystery (of the oh so convenient protected Disney photograph) might also explain the other mystery of MR's missing the mark so badly.

Last edited:
Here are a few better stills from the Professionals.

Could it be that they are using two different c96s?

The walking shots don't seem to show the mount lugs at all... but the very next CU shot shows lugs on the right side.?

Thoughts?

Also this better CU side shot shows the very same Sweeney/R&H scope and mount- mounted backwards (like the bunker blaster) on the right side!

But the Barrel is not the HERO. It is connected differently with an obvious step.

Maybe the upper did break at the Carsons Lump weld and they swapped it?

Maybe it's a totally different gun?

Discuss...

; )

professionals - everest c96.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure they weren't on set so how did MR replicate any of the firearm-based weapons?
I always assumed they went to the LF archives but since we know that all the guns were returned to Bapty, were the MR replicas based solely on photographs?
And since MR did get so many details wrong, could there have been photographs in the archive of a different DL-44?
I'm not trying to defend Tony. This whole incident was handled dishonestly from start to finish.
I'm just wondering if this one mystery (of the oh so convenient protected Disney photograph) might also explain the other mystery of MR's missing the mark so badly.
Inquiring minds want to know!

Here’s a fun read from Roger Christian’s book where he talks about creating Solo’s blaster. Most have probably seen this already but it’s worth resharing for those that haven’t. Nothing to major but still interesting all the same. Some insights like how CKarl was basically a helping hand and the place he got the parts from was dusty AF.

It’s edited it a little as Roger starts the conversation talking about the E11’s and I didn’t want to include the whole chapter. I couldn’t help but have some fun with it as well so forgive my own inclusions.

But Roger does infact reference a 2nd c96 that was on hand for Luke if needed. But he never mentions making any backups for Solo. All he says is George liked his first attempt and it kind of ends there… ?
EDFF14DA-8DAF-4220-8EAC-6C74FCB9A39F.png
280D48E7-0E18-4FB7-879F-ADE407BB1429.png
C24C44DB-8C3E-49A5-9717-54A6B224708A.png
22402A9E-92DA-471B-BDAD-D749337A15F5.png

Last edited:
Here are a few better stills from the Professionals.

Could it be that they are using two different c96s?

The walking shots don't seem to show the mount lugs at all... but the very next CU shot shows lugs on the right side.?

Thoughts?

Also this better CU side shot shows the very same Sweeney/R&H scope and mount- mounted backwards (like the bunker blaster) on the right side!

But the Barrel is not the HERO. It is connected differently with an obvious step.

Maybe the upper did break at the Carsons Lump weld and they swapped it?

Maybe it's a totally different gun?

Discuss...

; )

View attachment 1613565
Look the thumbnuts are flat like the hero thumbnuts! The Sweeney/RH one uses those countersunk ones, or the same ones flipped

So did Roger or Carl build the gun?!
Here’s a fun read from Roger Christian’s book where he talks about creating Solo’s blaster. Most have probably seen this already but it’s worth resharing for those that haven’t. Nothing to major but still interesting all the same. Some insights like how CKarl was basically a helping hand and the place he got the parts from was dusty AF.

It’s edited it a little as Roger starts the conversation talking about the E11’s and I didn’t want to include the whole chapter. I couldn’t help but have some fun with it as well so forgive my own inclusions.

But Roger does infact reference a 2nd c96 that was on hand for Luke if needed. But he never mentions making any backups for Solo. All he says is George liked his first attempt and it kind of ends there… ?View attachment 1613570View attachment 1613571View attachment 1613572View attachment 1613577

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back