HALO - Paramount+ TV Series

Paul Andrew i think the face reveal and timing is a good thing. Right off the bat they’re establishing that John is more than a blank slate player insert (which he totally starts as in the games) and avoids any The Mandalorian comparison/criticism.

I’m very curious to see how some of the bigger plot points from the games get re-tooled for the show. I’m wondering if Halsey will receive a mandate to kill the flash clone and to save her work she uploads the consciousness into what becomes the Cortana we know. Maybe Cortana could already have been growing in “the cloud” or however they want to phrase it, and she escapes there to save herself when the clone body is terminated. It would help put extra importance on protecting her if she’s all that’s left of Halsey’s experiment.

I know it was a bit of a point of...errr....discussion...about how Cortana was going to look in the show, but when she finally showed up this week I really liked it.

Enjoying the show quite a bit. There are a few things I’m not completely in love with, but as a whole I’ve found it pretty entertaining.

For me this show feels like what the CW would make if they had larger budgets. I don't find cortana to be visually appealing at all. The stiff facial animation isn't helping either. The show feels expensive and cheap at the same time to me along with being based off all the 80's/90's formulaic action movies.

If the show picks up and turns into stabby face murder death kill then I'll be back in.

Yea, I never played the game ,so I don't know how close this show is to it. I don't imagine the game is this slow, or it wouldn't be as popular. The special effects are good, but like everything else these days the stories just seem dull. I hate that I want to like all this stuff but it's just all so bad. Moon knight, Halo, Book of Boba Fett. All things I hoped would be good, and well, all a let down. If Better call Sauls new season is like this, I'm switching to radio, ; )

I enjoyed the first three episodes, but after the fourth one I’m 100% in agreement that it’s too slow.

We’ve basically had zero action since the opening scene.

If it doesn’t pick up the pace pretty quick, I’m not sure how much more I’ll watch.

Yea, I never played the game ,so I don't know how close this show is to it. I don't imagine the game is this slow, or it wouldn't be as popular. The special effects are good, but like everything else these days the stories just seem dull. I hate that I want to like all this stuff but it's just all so bad. Moon knight, Halo, Book of Boba Fett. All things I hoped would be good, and well, all a let down. If Better call Sauls new season is like this, I'm switching to radio, ; )
It was the first game the gave you the option to drive a vehicle and have a different player fire the 50 cal at the same time on The top . It has taken this long and to have it get destroyed like this after such a cool start is sad . I think that first episode with the killer battle cgi was a hook . Just let these people fight ! Guess whoever is directing this didn’t get the memo it’s not a role playing game .

Last edited:
Yea I think the last time I played a video game was when I bought a 3DO machine. Still have that thing somewhere. Yea, it sucks when something you love is screwed up like this. I loved the Dark Tower books by King. I pretty much figured they would screw it up and they did. They hate the real fans of anything they produce, and they must love their ideology more than money. Bring back the good ole Hollywood that put profits ahead of everything. Never thought I'd say that, LOL. But it seems they made better stuff when they did. There's a few good things out there, but very few. All my favorites have already been ruined by them. We need a great reset, not for the world, but for Hollywood.

I enjoyed the first three episodes, but after the fourth one I’m 100% in agreement that it’s too slow.

We’ve basically had zero action since the opening scene.

If it doesn’t pick up the pace pretty quick, I’m not sure how much more I’ll watch.
The guy kicks ass let it rip ! Nope he walks around with his feelings lol ?

Yea I think the last time I played a video game was when I bought a 3DO machine. Still have that thing somewhere. Yea, it sucks when something you love is screwed up like this. I loved the Dark Tower books by King. I pretty much figured they would screw it up and they did. They hate the real fans of anything they produce, and they must love their ideology more than money. Bring back the good ole Hollywood that put profits ahead of everything. Never thought I'd say that, LOL. But it seems they made better stuff when they did. There's a few good things out there, but very few. All my favorites have already been ruined by the
Honestly this should have been made into a motion picture it almost did when it mattered like 15 years ago . Back then Microsoft wanted complete control and a ton of money it killed the film . The memories playing this game with my buddies all night after waiting out at midnight priceless

Finally some action!! And pretty decent action at that!!

Loved it when Chief told Cortana he knows how the game is played. Works in the context of the fight while also being a cheesy shout out to the way the actual game plays.

I’m really hoping there’s some kind of payoff with this Kwan Ha/Soren story, because right now that seems really out of place and completely unnecessary.

Pretty good episode for me. I’m really glad they finally got a battle in again.

Last edited:
Finally some action!! And pretty decent action at that!!

Loved it when Chief told Cortana he knows how the game is played. Works in the context of the fight while also being a cheesy shout out to the way the actual game plays.

I’m really hoping there’s some kind of payoff with this Kwan Ha/Soren story, because right now that seems really out of place and completely unnecessary.

Pretty good episode for me. I’m really glad they finally got a battle in again.
One of the few things I have not liked about the show so far has been the Kwan Ha story line. She is acting like a brat and I'm really not liking her.

One of the few things I have not liked about the show so far has been the Kwan Ha story line. She is acting like a brat and I'm really not liking her.
Agreed. It feels very pointless to me. Like it exists just to exist, and isn’t providing any meaningful impact on the overall narrative.

Yeah, the character is coming off as something of a brat but I excuse for it two reasons.

1) The actress playing Kwan Ha does an excellent job at playing the character and sometimes she's kind of funny too.

2) Her actions, and brattiness, make sense to me. She was probably somewhat spoiled by her dad and she clearly idolized him a great deal and she's clearly drank the separatist Kool-Aid. a lot. So given that, to me, it's natural that she's doing what she's been doing. She wants to both avenge her dad and carry on his work because it's all she's ever known for her entire life. Plus she's at the age where being young and stupid go hand in hand.

What an awful, awful episode.

This show would be so much better without whatever this sub-plot is. There’s so much of a universe that we know that could be used for a Halo show, and they’re giving us some weird teenage coming of age story about saving a planet that seems to matter very little, which they’ve obviously put something in place to force the planet to matter with that well.

I should’ve just read the plot synopsis this week. This was terrible. The only saving grace was a bit of decent action at the end, but that few minutes wasn’t worth the effort it took to get there.

Last edited:
There's just too many things to make fun of about this show. This will not get them the subs they want, especially for season 2. It will get them a lot of meme's though.

I just want to know how it's all linked. It really feels like Master Chief is a bit part in his own show. I don't mind the sub-plot but it isn't feeling like a sub-plot, it's feeling like a completely different show.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back