HALO - Paramount+ TV Series

After seeing the actor they chose for Master Chief (Security guard from O isthenew B and LandO SUV) I'll have a hard watching anymore.

For me it was average. I thought the animation/compositing of the cg versions of the sparties and the covs was pretty stiff and poorly done. I did like the carnage of the drugged kids though. The Miranda chic seemed very immature for the position she holds. The lead actor killed it as Mad Sweeney so I'm a fan of him, I don't care if he doesn't sound like master chief from the game.

I hate when streaming shows are still produced and written as if they were going to air on regular TV with commercials, the pilot felt like that to me.

Mixed feelings is how I would describe myself.

The Covenant attack was great. Really captured the abject terror that would surround the Covenant. We are so used to playing from Chief or another SPARTAN's perspective in game that it is easy to forget how massive and terrifying the Elites would be in "real life." They nailed that.

Chief defying orders and going AWOL, I felt was handled poorly and did the character a disservice. In Game and previous lore Chief was the Consummate Professional Soldier. Never cruel, never vain, never selfish, a professional who really believed in his job of protecting Humanity and stopping the Covenant. That was why his first disobeying of Orders in Halo 4, and then going AWOL in Halo 5 were such big deals, and why it took something as important as his relationship with Cortana which had been built up over the previous 3 games to do it. It was so out of character, such a drastic character shift that it had to be earned by a long standing, personal, close relationship. For him to throw it all away for a teenager he just met felt . . .weird. It's such a Trope, and the games avoided it until it was earned and Nylund's novels avoided but with a deft hand and clear understanding that for it to happen to Episode 1 felt like it was done for Shock Value and to broadcast that this is not the Halo you knew or were expecting.

janglesworthy the show definitely felt like it was written and shot for commercial breaks

I just watched the episode and I liked but didnt love it. I think the pacing at some points was weird, and please stop with the POV/HUD shots.

I do like the way the world feels, seeing it adapted for TV this almost feels like HALO by way of The Expanse

As for him acting out of character, I think that is the point, the artifact seems to have made profound changes in him.

Last edited:
I think too many viewers are wanting it to be perfectly canon etc. I can appreciate it as a re-tooling and adaptation of a source material. Games and TV are just different.

Absolutely no TV adaptation will ever be perfectly canon. It can't be. It has to be tailored for a television audience, not a video game audience. It's why you got the face reveal for Master Chief right up front. It's just a reality that actors want to be seen, not buried behind a mask all the time. You have to take the product as it is, not as you wish it could have been and far too many people seem incapable of doing that, sadly.

Absolutely no TV adaptation will ever be perfectly canon. It can't be. It has to be tailored for a television audience, not a video game audience. It's why you got the face reveal for Master Chief right up front. It's just a reality that actors want to be seen, not buried behind a mask all the time. You have to take the product as it is, not as you wish it could have been and far too many people seem incapable of doing that, sadly.
Wow, Cephus is actually liking something produced recently? Are you sure you're the real Cephus? Blink twice if you're being held hostage and are being forced to say that you like this show. :p

Wow, Cephus is actually liking something produced recently? Are you sure you're the real Cephus? Blink twice if you're being held hostage and are being forced to say that you like this show. :p

If they start throwing in politically correct garbage, that will change, but so far, so good. I'm a little surprised because generally, anything Paramount+ makes these days is garbage, just like AppleTV, but somehow, this slipped through, at least the first episode. If they start railing about white straight men being evil though, I'm out.

If they start throwing in politically correct garbage, that will change, but so far, so good. I'm a little surprised because generally, anything Paramount+ makes these days is garbage, just like AppleTV, but somehow, this slipped through, at least the first episode. If they start railing about white straight men being evil though, I'm out.

There’s the drivel we expect!

after the first 2 episodes...
2crv3r.jpg

Just watched the first episode. It's fun, the cg is pretty middle of the road for tv, the music isn't quite doing what I want yet, but the story stuff is diving right into the nitty gritty of where Spartans originally came from and what they were for, which is by far the best part of the show but got kinda glossed over in the main series games. I'm willing to give it a few more episodes.

One nitpick: in six games and dozens of hours you never get a good look at chief's face. This show took less than an hour. ::Shrug::

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back