Halo M6 Pistol by Tactonyx (Pic Heavy)

Tactonyx

Greetings everyone, I thought I share my new rendition of the M6C pistol. As you can see, it's way smaller than my first build. Instead of relying on the Halo 3 and ODST models, this one is based heavily off of the Halo 2 M6C. The M6C from Halo 2 has a few significant differences from from the Halo 3 ODST model.
Fisrtly, the overall profile is shorter than the Halo3 and Halo 3 ODST one, secondly the safety is on the slide instead of the frame. Last and a major difference is the exposed chamber, which helps make the manufacturing of the M6C make more sense.
I made a few changes from the Halo 2 pistol. First I left the safety on the frame, and added a short piccatinny rail on the gun, same with the sound suppressor. I am making multiple copies for most of the variants of the M6 pistol, such as the M6C,M6D M6K compact, M6J carbine, or M6I Machine pistol. Anyways, once I get some copies made, I will be building a display case to show them off. Enough jabbering, time for some pics!
pistol.jpg

h3pistol.jpg

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Blueprints of my new M6 next to my gross abberation M6
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Grip, mag and bullet. In game the round is a 12.7x40mm, which is huge, just 1mm shy of a .500 magnum. This round couldn't possibly fit in the grip, even if you were Master Chief. So instead I took some in game measurements of the brass (which is 25mm long) and used a .50 AE, which is 12.7x33mm, and shaved it down to a 12.7x25mm, closer to the size of a .50 GI, which are still powerful rounds, and viola, now you can comfortably hold the M6C.
Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+002.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

Here's the finished model.
Da+Guns+017.JPG

Da+Guns+005.JPG

Da+Guns+006.JPG

Da+Guns+007.JPG

Da+Guns+008.JPG

Da+Guns+010.JPG

Da+Guns+011.JPG

Da+Guns+012.JPG

Da+Guns+015.JPG

Da+Guns+016.JPG

Da+Guns+014.JPG

The old one vs. the new
Da+Guns+013.JPG

Here's a moving copy of my pistol.
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+004.JPG

The model features a working slide, safety, trigger and a friction lock detachable magazine. The trigger has about 3/16 (5mm) travel. The gun can mount the silencer via tac rail, and the smart scope will be mounted in the usual way. Unlike my other M6, this one is pretty simple to assemble, removing the bottom rear plate can strip the gun.
Since I'm making multiple copies for myself, I will be selling the M6, if you're interested in one, feel free to contact me or wait for it in the classifieds.
Thanks for taking the time to look at this and feel free to comment.

Last edited:
I fell in love with the M6C ever since I first got my gauntlets on it in Cairo Station, it felt like more of a "human" pistol in contrast to the M6D which was an immense hand cannon. I was pretty ecstatic we got to use it again in ODST.

I love the modularity you've achieved with the the suppressor, laser sight and smart scope, it really goes further to illustrate that the M6 series is a widespread military sidearm for multiple operations and services. The M6J on your blog is also a great extrapolation of the art style and weapon design of the UNSC (with some inspiration from the WW1 Mauser Broomhandle it looks like). There's a lot of attention to detail in your work and I'm blown away.

I'd definitely be interested in a M6C when you're ready to sell.

Last edited:
This has to be one of the most beautifully done sratchbuilds i've seen. Its so clean, and its amazing how everything is functional.
This seriously reminds me of my days at Hasbro, when we would get in working scratch built prototypes from outside sculptors. I am blown away!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Yeah, this pistol is totally awesome, and by request I'll take a pic of this with the Majestic, so everyone can see how they size up together.
I also wanted to inform everyone that the pistol is now in the FS section of the junkyard, for those interested in getting a hold of one. Here's the link: http://www.therpf.com/f13/halo-m6-pistol-kit-tactonyx-140644/

Last edited:
Here's a handful of pistols I made. Most of them already have homes, others I'll keep for my own uses. Check out the "K" at the bottom, that is going to turn into one saweet gun once I'm done with it.
Da+Guns+003.JPG

Da+Guns+001.JPG

I have one of these works of art and can attest to the quality of them. They are seriously amazing. Thanks for making such a great product!

Yes it does. It all comes in a very well packaged (bubblewrap) box :)

sorry to keep buggin you but is it spring loaded? like i mean it cocks back and you press the release and it shoots foward.... does the clip just go in it or does it have a mech? and it comes all white no markings right?

sorry to keep buggin you but is it spring loaded? like i mean it cocks back and you press the release and it shoots foward.... does the clip just go in it or does it have a mech? and it comes all white no markings right?

I haven't fully assembled it yet, it does come with springs and yes white no markings. (With exception of the gun manfacturer tag)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. As for anyone looking for details of how the model works, you can find those in the bottom of the first post.

Update: Here's a pic of a nearly completed M6 SOCOM pistol.
Da+Guns+002.JPG

And here are a couple of painting experiments that have gone wrong.
Da+Guns+012.JPG

More pics to come...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back