Halo 4

IDK, The trailer looks great. I was honestly hoping that they'd leave the story of MC alone after the end of Halo 3. Can't get what we want, eh?

I just hope they don't mess it up. As for Cortana, I didn't hear too much of a difference, however, it could be explained that Cortana is showing signs of rampancy (as shown in Halo Origins) which could be part of the plot line of Halo 4.

We'll see...

Did anyone else think the thing at the other end of the ship looked alot like Unicron?

And didn't it seem like the ship was exploding from the back, but it was missing half of the front though Unicron was behind them.

Can't wait for both though.

I'm just hoping we'll see the Spartan II's from Ghosts of Onyx... I would like some Spartan A.I.'s that are actually helpful.

I have a friend currently working for 343i, that I've found out some juicy stuff about the new Halo CE and Halo 4 that even though he was not supposed to share the info with me I know a lot of stuff about both games right now, but can't share anything past that.

the real question is does it do it justice?

Halo CE anniversery just looks like the Reach engine over the original campaign, with re-built maps of original and new multiplayer maps

343 studios was partly bungie... They are people that worked on the games and storyline that were told by microsoft to keep the story as halo like as possible. Thanks to them other things happened like comics and halo legends for instance. Now that bungie won't make another halo game, they asked them to make it. So it's still in the hands of the original makers actually.
Not as as many as you think. According to Achronos over on the Bnet forums, you could count the number of people on one hand. The most Notable is Frank O'Connor as he is still the head of development (if I remember what the list said).

As for Halo 4, Master Chief's armor isn't as different when you get a good look at it.
File:Halo 4.JPG - Halo Nation - The Halo Franchise, Bungie, 343 Industries and more

Granted the aesthetics have changed drastically, it's still easily recognizable as the Mjolnir Mark VI armor
http://timenerdworld.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/halo-3.jpg?w=475

And in response to Shade88
Direct from the Halo 4 Wiki
"It is possible that the planet the Dawn is approaching is Onyx - this theory is supported by the novel Halo: Ghosts of Onyx - the portal may be opening to release what is left of the Spartan IIIs, and the rest of Blue Team. This is, however, based on speculation and may not come to be."

Just as a little thought :rolleyes

As for the Cortana voice actor. My best guess is mostly what I've been reading. Either there is a new voice actor, or it was a temp for the trailer because the real voice actor was unavailable at the time.

EDIT: Oh and in response to the idea of the Nanobots altering the armor, I highly doubt it. If they could do all that then why couldn't they repair the giant scratch on the chest plate from when he crash landed after jumping off the Forerunner Dreadnaught in the opening of Halo 3?
Just a though.

I may get this used. I traded in all the other halo games. I liked them and the universe but the books have been way better. I told my one friend who was mad about the series that they'd make another with the chief because 1) there is so many unanswered questions left in the series 2) the chief wasn't dead 3) it's a freak'n cash cow lol

I actually thought the big glowing orifice of doom that they were heading for reminded me of Mass Effect... I lost interest in Halo after the 2nd game. I found the 3rd one boring, though REACH was refreshing. Not sure I'll get a Halo 4.

My complaint with halo was that the Chief was so one dimensional in the games yet when you read the novels he and the others became much more interesting.

As for Halo 4, Master Chief's armor isn't as different when you get a good look at it.
File:Halo 4.JPG - Halo Nation - The Halo Franchise, Bungie, 343 Industries and more

Granted the aesthetics have changed drastically, it's still easily recognizable as the Mjolnir Mark VI armor
http://timenerdworld.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/halo-3.jpg?w=475

Comparing Chief's armor from 3 to 4 is like comparing a classic VW Beetle to a new Beetle. Sure, they look kind the same but they are so different you cannot say they are the same car.

Call me a ranting fanboy, but I still think they are going to need to come up with some sort of explanation, because at the end of the day the armor is different. Period.

The fact that the scratch and dents are still present on his chest but its a whole new suit of armor makes me think that 343 studios doesn't give a rat's fart about continuity, and its as simple as that.

And if we are already encountering problems like this just from a short little teaser, this does not fill me with lots of hope for the final game.

I have a feeling this is going to be the FPS version of Halo wars. It's interesting but it doesn't' live up to the franchise.

Comparing Chief's armor from 3 to 4 is like comparing a classic VW Beetle to a new Beetle. Sure, they look kind the same but they are so different you cannot say they are the same car.

Call me a ranting fanboy, but I still think they are going to need to come up with some sort of explanation, because at the end of the day the armor is different. Period.

The fact that the scratch and dents are still present on his chest but its a whole new suit of armor makes me think that 343 studios doesn't give a rat's fart about continuity, and its as simple as that.

And if we are already encountering problems like this just from a short little teaser, this does not fill me with lots of hope for the final game.

THIS.

That armor is completly different from the halo 3. Granted, the helmet has a similar appearence, from a distance, but they are completly different in appearence

@Agent RayBans: Apparently Frankie said that they were going to explain in-game why Master Chief has new armour.

Oh for the life of me I sure hope they do. My best explaination for the different armor changes is that it's been some sort of gag since chief's armor in Halo 2 somehow changed somewhere between the upper atmosphere and smashing into the Earth

All in all, and if the honest truth be told, we're making WAY too much of this teaser. It's the first trailer of the game and not even something that even remotely gives us a hint at what this game will be like.

It's fine to speculate but we all seem to making way too much out of an early trailer. Some of us are already losing hope for the game and it's a full year and a half before it's release. Plenty can change between now and then.

As for his armor, from what I can see of it in the photos I've seen so far, the most drastic change is in his chest and shoulders. The rest of the armor seems to be close in resemblance to the actual Mk 6 pieces.

All in all, and if the honest truth be told, we're making WAY too much of this teaser. It's the first trailer of the game and not even something that even remotely gives us a hint at what this game will be like.

It's fine to speculate but we all seem to making way too much out of an early trailer. Some of us are already losing hope for the game and it's a full year and a half before it's release. Plenty can change between now and then.

As for his armor, from what I can see of it in the photos I've seen so far, the most drastic change is in his chest and shoulders. The rest of the armor seems to be close in resemblance to the actual Mk 6 pieces.

It looks like they combined the MK 6 with the Halo Wars Spartan armor

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back