Halo 3 Master Chief of foam (Heavy Pic)

Rodolfo

Hello, yes, this is another Halo 3 Master Chief costume! But I like this character so much and allways wanted to make this armor.
So I decided to make my own armor out of foam. This gonna be a long time project since I want this for the next year. I´ll try to work every weekend on this.

First I want to thank again to all the people that make this possible. The modelers, the unfolders and the ones that make fantastic tutorials!! Without them I couldn´t make this.

This time I made the unfold of the files to be foam frendly.
I contacted with the modeler (jtm) of the helmet and he said I can share the helmet file. You can downloaded it here.

Ok here are some pics of my progress.

This is my scheme to keep the progress ;)

View attachment 152695

And the pictures of the progress:
View attachment 152696
View attachment 152697
View attachment 152715
View attachment 152699
View attachment 152716
View attachment 152701
View attachment 152702
View attachment 152703
View attachment 152704
View attachment 152705
View attachment 152706
View attachment 152707
View attachment 152708
View attachment 152709
View attachment 152710
View attachment 152711

But even that I measured this like hundred times it turned out that I made this helmet too big!! Shame on me!! :facepalm
View attachment 152712
View attachment 152713

I have my "big" headphones on!! And there is still room for another head!!! hahahaha. :D
View attachment 152714

Anyway I´m redoing the helmet again but in a smaller size!! Hope this one is the right!!

Any comment will be appreciated.

Hello!
Sorry for the lack of updates but was busy since a few friends decided to join me in this build. I spent a lot of time explaining the things I know so far and helping with their build.
Anyway I have some updates from my owm build and the build of my friends.

Well, after I made the second helmet I made the details but I didn´t glue them yet. I made a tamplate that will help me to put those details on the rigth place.
Halo-032.jpgHalo-033.jpg

After the details I made the HD forearm, it came out real good, but even I measured my forearm like 5 or 6 times it was too big!!! It had the size of a shin!! :-(
Halo-034.jpg

So I remade the forearm, but this time with a better size and the LR file. I decided it´s faster to build and I´ll add the details once I build it.
Halo-035.jpgHalo-036.jpgHalo-037.jpgHalo-038.jpgHalo-039.jpgHalo-040.jpgHalo-041.jpgHalo-042.jpgHalo-043.jpgHalo-044.jpg

Here you can see the deferences of sizes.
Halo-046.jpgHalo-047.jpg

This size was perfect so I made the other forearm but I reduce the pieces and made more simple templates.
Halo-048.jpg

Here they are.
Halo-049.jpg

Then added some details to the forearms.
Halo-050.jpgHalo-051.jpgHalo-052.jpg

I made the biceps and the shoulders too but I just relized that I didn´t make any picturesView attachment 193063. But I have a picture of the build of one friend, and the templates are the same.

Well I don´t know why I couldn´t put all the pictures in the other post. I think there was to many!! :p

Here are some pictures of the progress of my friends.
Some have only started to draw the pieces, other allready have the helmet done and other has the same pieces I have.
Halo-053.jpgHalo-055.jpgHalo-054.jpgHalo-056.jpg

This is other helmet I made, gonna try to convince my wife to wear one of this with me!! :D
Halo-057.jpg

And this is a template made of papaer to see if the size of the chest is right. It looks good, but I´m afraid i won´t know if its ok till I build it! :cry

Halo-058.jpgHalo-059.jpgHalo-060.jpg

Thanks! I saw your videos with your armor!! Nice one!! And thanks for the tutorias!!!

No worries man. I feel bad I didn't get the videos done I promised for so long that I'd do but you know how it is. Its just good knowing that I have helped out there in some way. Once I finally decide on what armour I will be plastic coating I will do tutorials on that because no one has. I know its been explained how and I have tested it my self and been successful so when I do get round to it will definitely do some vids of that.

Anyways looking forward to the next update.

No worries man. I feel bad I didn't get the videos done I promised for so long that I'd do but you know how it is. Its just good knowing that I have helped out there in some way. Once I finally decide on what armour I will be plastic coating I will do tutorials on that because no one has. I know its been explained how and I have tested it my self and been successful so when I do get round to it will definitely do some vids of that.

Anyways looking forward to the next update.
A video of that will be really appreciated!! As you say it has been explained a lot but, for people like me, that try to speak more english evey day, it´s better a video!! XP

great work so far. Can you make the foam hard or does it stay soft? I've never seen this before so it's quite interesting.

Looks good. I am going to try halo after i get my daughters Iron Princess costume done.
Thanks!! I hope to see photos from that costume!

great work so far. Can you make the foam hard or does it stay soft? I've never seen this before so it's quite interesting.
Thanks! Well, here are some threads where they are making the foam hard or trying to, with really good results! XRobots is making an IM suit which had started with foam, and he explains it very good. I´ll let mine in foam. The foam I´m using is strong enough to mantain the shape.

Take a look to this threads, they may help!

http://www.therpf.com/f24/how-plastic-coat-foam-costume-pieces-146539/
http://www.therpf.com/f24/docs-foam...elmet-very-detailed-chest-149883/index51.html
http://www.therpf.com/f24/im-mk3-plastic-coated-foam-wip-update-pg-10-a-175097/index10.html

For those who are seeing this thread I want to apologize for the lack of updates!! I´ve been very busy working on the armor and tomorrow I´ll try to upload the pictures of my progress. :p

Hello! Well it hasn´t been "tomorrow" but 6 days later!! :facepalm

Well I have a lot of updates, so I´ll put the differents parts in differents posts!!

I´ll continue with the chest:

I´m making the LR chest and then adding the details
Halo-061.jpg
Halo-062.jpg
Halo-063.jpg
Halo-064.jpg
I made a fit test and it results that it was too big :-(
Halo-065.jpg
Halo-066.jpg
A friend made the same mistake, we made the same file with the same measures, but then we realized that we took the wrong measures. This is his second chest:
Halo-067.jpg
It´s a lot better and fits really good!
Halo-068.jpg
Here you can see the BIG difference betwen the sizes! And in the left one it doesn´t have the low part!!
Halo-069.jpg
This is what we did wrong: I measure my shoulders from shoulder to shloulder:
Halo-070.jpg
and we should measured where the shoulder touch the trapeze (more or less):
Halo-071.jpg
I tryed the chest of my friend and it was to little for me, so I made the file for my measures and started again including the details:
Halo-072.jpg
Halo-073.jpg
Halo-074.jpg
Halo-075.jpg
Halo-076.jpg
Halo-077.jpg
Halo-078.jpg
Halo-079.jpg
Halo-080.jpg
The fit test was better than before!! XD
Halo-081.jpg
So I continued with the details:
Halo-082.jpg
Halo-083.jpg
Halo-084.jpg
(Sorry I can´t put more pics in this post, I´ll continue in the next)!! XD

More chest pics:
Halo-085.jpg
Halo-086.jpg
Halo-087.jpg
Halo-088.jpg
I´m happy with the results so far!! XP

This is the piece that should go in the neck, but it is too big and square so I rounded it a little and made it shorter, and made the same in the front:
Halo-089.jpg
Halo-090.jpg
Halo-091.jpg
Halo-092.jpg
Halo-093.jpg
More details:
Halo-094.jpg
Halo-095.jpg
And adding the buckle to make it easier to put it on:
Halo-096.jpg
Halo-097.jpg
At this point I had some doubts on how to make this detail, but after asking some friends and my girlfriend all said the same the ones with the foam are better:
Halo-098.jpg
Halo-99.jpg
Halo-100.jpg
I went to my friend´s house to compare our chests, and I realize that his chest was more rounded than mine:
Halo-101.jpg
Halo-102.jpg
So I decided to round mine too adding some pieces:
Halo-103.jpg
Halo-104.jpg
Halo-105.jpg
Halo-106.jpg
Halo-107.jpg
Halo-108.jpg
I like it more this way. XP

And here is the comparison:
Halo-109.jpg
and the result:
Halo-110.jpg
Halo-111.jpg

Those are some details of the helmet I´m working on:
Halo-112.jpg
Halo-113.jpg
I don´t know how to make the visor, I went with my friend to a lot of stores but we don´t find a cheap visor or the right vinyl for a normal visor. We´ll keep looking!

Now with the codpiece:
Halo-114.jpg
Halo-115.jpg
Halo-116.jpg
Halo-117.jpg
Halo-118.jpg
Halo-119.jpg
Halo-120.jpg

Do not know why, but I had to add this piece here to make the other pieces fit:
Halo-121.jpg

Well this time my fiend sent me a picture of his codpiece:
Halo-123.jpg

and it looked different from mine:
Halo-122.jpg

again I made mine to square. So I added more pieces:
Halo-124.jpg
Halo-125.jpg
Halo-126.jpg
Halo-127.jpg
Halo-129.jpg
Halo-128.jpg

It looks better but I´m not convince with the result. maybe later I´ll change it again!! Let´s see how it looks with the rest of the armor!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back