HalloweenCostumes.com "Back to the Future 2 Light Up Shoes"

If you are getting "smooth side" without having to ask, then I would suggest they are all out of ribbed shoes.

Gonna be heaps easier to stick the SWOOSH on. Those ribs were way over sized.

i stuck my swoosh on tight so it's smooth, there is gaps but to me 'it's a futuristic vent' I'll try and post a pic up later but it looks 100% better than following the contour of the ribs it makes them look cheaper!!

i stuck my swoosh on tight so it's smooth, there is gaps but to me 'it's a futuristic vent' I'll try and post a pic up later but it looks 100% better than following the contour of the ribs it makes them look cheaper!!

It was also suggested that packing the hollows with foam would help out too. Not sure if any one ever did that or not.

• Catfish45 : Size 10 too...

• jhelmuth87 : I have the same feeling about it and It is my first pair so my expectations where not really high...

• cavx : he smooth HC version is surely easier than the ones with the ribs ^^ - For the moment, I've separated the "Mag Bubble" and include the swoosh between it and the fabric and it helps to stay even without glue. And it looks like it's not just an add on. (I'll post some pictures next week ;) )

Ok, here are the pictures :

• Slim toe (I used the steam method)
HC - Slim toe 01.png

• Slim toe - Before / After close up
HC - Slim toe 02.png

• The wole shoe
HC - Slim toe 03.png

• Side view with the swoosh test position
HC - Slim toe 04.png

• Side Swoosh close up
HC - Swoosh 01.png

• Swoosh rear : I've stuck it into the rear bubble (how do you name this thing ?) and as this is just a test,
the swoosh is made of foam and it is not glued yet, I just used some duct tape for the moment.
HC - Swoosh 02.png

• Close up of the swoosh : I've ironed the foam so it is not so thick as it was.
HC - Swoosh 03.png

Yep, the longer tongue is good. How hard is it to make a tongue extender? I wonder if the puffiness of the 'wings' could be ironed down too?
so tempting for me to get a pair of HCs too...
RVLF : I think the swoosh may be a bit large, have a check of the size of swoosh compared to the shoe on some RD pictures. Can you cut another, smaller one and see how that looks, or have you already glued it down?

My left shoes died completely. I lifted the insole and ripped the cardboard to get the the electronics in the sole. I found the clicker on/off button was severed. I used a plastic cap to connect the wires and BINGO! THE LIGHTS ARE WORKING!!!!IMG_8466.JPGIMG_8465.JPG

Definetly not a fan of that swoosh or HCs without ribs after seeing those pics! Like DragonGalvy said try a different swoosh, I reckon the Mark Poon one is the way to go

• cavx:
Yes, I've noticed that in the movie, the tongue was higher and larger too... but it's a WIP, this one isn't attached and I need to fill it with something to make it better.

• DragonGalvy +Timelord4:
As I said to cavx, it is a WIP so I've no idea for the moment ^^ it is a place holder.
For the ironing of the "wings" I think you won't get any noticeable change by ironing it becaus e it is really packed inside.
If I feel good, I'll try to open it and give it a lipo !

About the swoosh, it is not glued and the more I look to it, the more I think the same... And I'm gonna go for a smaller one for the final version.
And I've buy some vinyl today and it looks wayyy beter (and thiner) - I'll post pictures tomorrow if I can ;)

By the way, I tried to make the strap and on yhe way I did something cause I had an idea that need to be worked:

HC - Strap 01.png

I added Neodim magnets to close the strap :D

HC - Strap 02.png

yes, it is, but I need to get stronger ones to be sure that it is locked.
And, to place them without having a bump on the strap you need to dig a hole in the second layer of the strap lasagna ^^

Oh, and cavx, I saw your "power laces" on Youtube !!!! AND THIS IS AWESOME ! :cool

yes, it is, but I need to get stronger ones to be sure that it is locked.
And, to place them without having a bump on the strap you need to dig a hole in the second layer of the strap lasagna ^^

Oh, and cavx, I saw your "power laces" on Youtube !!!! AND THIS IS AWESOME ! :cool

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing yours.

One of the crazy ideas I came up with was a small electro-magnetic. It would only stick when powered up and would fall away once power was cut. Just never bothered making it.

Has anyone had any luck with Ironing the sides of their HC mags to flatten them a little bit. I know it is foam in there but I didn't know if it would possibly flatten it if you did a high temperature.

When did you get your HC shoes? Iv seen the people get them recently there is not a bulge. I'm getting a pair here in a few days and the photos showed no bumps.

When did you get your HC shoes? Iv seen the people get them recently there is not a bulge. I'm getting a pair here in a few days and the photos showed no bumps.

The HC Mags originally had the lace bulges. Now they don't. I don't know when exactly they switched to the "no lace bulge/ridge" version.

The HC Mags originally had the lace bulges. Now they don't. I don't know when exactly they switched to the "no lace bulge/ridge" version.

I got a pair a couple weeks ago that still had the bulges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They stopped producing ribbed shoes about June-July. And are just selling off what they have left.

If you're getting ribbed shoes, it's possibly because you have a slow-selling shoe size.

I don't trust the new smooth-side models, ever since I got 3 defective pairs in a row.

Thank you. Looking forward to seeing yours.

One of the crazy ideas I came up with was a small electro-magnetic. It would only stick when powered up and would fall away once power was cut. Just never bothered making it.

had an idea for that : use a walking generator ! You simply put a piezo electric generator in the sole and it is suppose to create electricity when you walk. The only problem is that it is not producing a lot of power...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity

- - -

Egos13 : I've got mines from HC the on october 23. And it is the no ribs version...

I got my HCs in September and they're ribbed, I did however make sure from the seller that that is what I would get as he said in description it may be newer smooth side ones so I messaged and asked the q!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back