Halloween 2012: Jack from the Nightmare before Christmas

Raenius

Hi all,

I've been a longtime lurker here but haven't had that many posts.

Halloween has become more and more popular in the last few years so this year I decided to go out and build a costume.

Many thanks go out to my wife for helping me with the paper mache and paint! She was dressed as Sally from the same movie! :lol

Ever since I was young I love Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas and had the idea of doing a costume for a long time. The whole process of buying stuff, paper mache, paint, etc took about four weeks.

Total costs are a about:

- New black suit: 60 euro
- Styrofoam sphere: 5 euro
- Coat hangar (for the bat bowtie): 2 euro
- Iron wire (for the bat bowtie): 4 euro
- Paint: 5 euro
- Bone gloves: 3 euro
- Newspapers: free
- A lot of time (priceless!)

I am very glad how it looks with everything combined. I think we got the look pretty much down.

Here are some pictures in progress:

imag0370a.jpg

imag0393x.jpg

imag0411k.jpg

imag0408do.jpg

imag0427p.jpg

And the final result!!!

hmmmq.jpg

I'm not sure if it qualifies for the RPF Halloween contest but nevertheless I'm very happy with the result! :)

Fun costume! Nice work. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't qualify for the costume contest since you made it and have progress photos.

As a longtime jack fan, great job.

32ck7.gif

One question though (hope it doesn't sound dumb) how did you remove the styrofoam sphere after the paper mache?

As a longtime jack fan, great job.

32ck7.gif

One question though (hope it doesn't sound dumb) how did you remove the styrofoam sphere after the paper mache?

Hi Plane Crazy,

I didn't remove the styrofoam at all! :lol

I (well actually my wife) seperated the two halves and filled the gap with paper and ducktape to make the sphere more oval.

I later cut a piece of the foam out one of the sides to fit my head in.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back