Halliwax's weird V3 theory

Also, tang in the blade instead of the hilt. The windvane screw allows me to take this all out at once
20210921_104212.jpg

Not only that, but there are the various metric thread pitches to deal with too haha. I recommend one of these to save on headaches. I have the SAE inch and metric versions and they have been super handy.

Attachments

• 911bLWUYSPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    911bLWUYSPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 62
I had a professional scaler ( wink wink ) scale the screws in the emitter and windvane going off graflex measurements as a source, and we dialed them in as 5 in the emitter and 3 in the windvane

I have another wrench to throw in the machine. I went ahead and put a set screw in the windvane. (And yes a new paint job to be more like the warehouse)

(Does anyone know why an M4 tap would be almost as big as an M5? I got a little set of 3 metric taps from China and the "m4" is bigger than my standard m4 set screws, so i cant use it. I used an m5 instead but I think the v3's IS an M4 screw)

Anyway, I tightened it down....

and the emitter won't come off. It's not even rattling.

The pinched tang is also pushing the emitter stem against the wall of the saber, holding it in place. I bet it would slip with strikes and vibration, hence the gaff tape.

OR the emitter stem was cut off before Empire for whatever reason, leaving the emitter gaff taped, but that seems unlikely

There could be no screw in the V3, I know. I think I see a screw in that high res warehouse shot with mark and dave p. And I see gaff tape on the neck. The wired cast is great reference too. The screw could be covered in clay in the mold or on the other side of the cast.

Here my hilt right now :D
View attachment 1496513
I Freak’n love it!!!

three! boy.. maybe I better blank my hole and drill another one
I had a professional scaler ( wink wink ) scale the screws in the emitter and windvane going off graflex measurements as a source, and we dialed them in as 5 in the emitter and 3 in the windvane

I scaled the screws I use for my V3 based off of the V2 (as it's a sister saber using similar screws), I also get M3 in the windvane but get M4 for the emitter and booster. I'll have to look at it again.

Yeeaa, I did the stupid quick prop thing of holding newspaper around the saber and dusting it. The way I dust for finishes like this is VERY quick and casual so sometimes I get sloppy with prep

Aside from the larger screw, I REALLY like this.. Makes me want to re-paint this MOTORIZED Obi stunt I got from some weirdo if I can nail down colors from ANH

Yeeaa, I did the stupid quick prop thing of holding newspaper around the saber and dusting it. The way I dust for finishes like this is VERY quick and casual so sometimes I get sloppy with prep

Aside from the larger screw, I REALLY like this.. Makes me want to re-paint this MOTORIZED Obi stunt I got from some weirdo if I can nail down colors from ANH
Really like the look of it. Quick and dirty, like I did it on set many times.

Hey, what if that WASN'T a trick of the light?
What if these sabers are the same and they have pommel cut-outs that aren't milled as deep
fullsizeoutput_2dc1.jpegfullsizeoutput_2dc0.jpeg

That's the Irvin K shot and the pommel ridge is flipping huge

Interesting following this thread and discussions..... :lol:

Edit- “wicked” thread and discussions LOL

this is a wild thread. There's so much we don't know, but it's fun picking a part what we do know to see if there are logical conclusions that can move us forward.

I was just thinking the other day that this is more proof that the BLACK emitter on the V3 today (which only has the largest section covered in chrome tape) was probably not there during the duel. I say this because the chrome tape and weird orange paint were done over an existing paint job that most likely was somewhat original. The whole (current) emitter was black at some point.
a263e91edfb38a376f584f5a134eec2f.jpeg
34 LukeStuntROTJ20.jpeg

So I was bugging halliwax about this because I'm revisiting this in my head. What the heck WAS the purpose of this new paint job? It looks like maybe they had to match the finish of new emitter to the old body, and the chrome tape was probably all applied at once. Maybe the brass card was made for this too.

maybe someone had to make it look like the machined Hero after the fact? Covering the hole in the pommel and making the emitter all silver, and probably painted grip rings, I can see some brush smear around the edges

V3Exhibit.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back