Half scale Lightning McQueen help

Harley5745

Hello all!
I made a 8.5 feet long fiberglass replica of Lightning McQueen. I intended to make it R/Ced but my current set up doesnt work properly (electtronics-wise). I need an electronics wizard to help me up with this. I will post pics and more info on my setup ASAP. Anyone???

Thanks!

Harley

Last edited:
mcqueen1.jpg

msqueen2.jpg

Last edited:
BTW, with the first aniversary of my first and only child coming up, I tought this car would be the perfect gift for him, that´s why I made it:)

Well, I purcgased a small RC Car, disassembled it to get the receiver board and after I located the wires with the control signals, connected them to an array of relays, to feed the main 12v motors

Wow thats a big R/C!!!.. what are you using to run it atm?? do u have any pics of the car without the shell on?

Well, I purcgased a small RC Car, disassembled it to get the receiver board and after I located the wires with the control signals, connected them to an array of relays, to feed the main 12v motors

What is the issue you are having? If it's sluggish response, it could be due to using the Relays, look into Mosfets to fix that.

If you're getting weird things happening it could be because your motors are not shielded enough, all motors produce RF interference and several 12v ones running could do weird things to your control signal.

What is the issue you are having? If it's sluggish response, it could be due to using the Relays, look into Mosfets to fix that.

If you're getting weird things happening it could be because your motors are not shielded enough, all motors produce RF interference and several 12v ones running could do weird things to your control signal.

Well, the thing is that everything works perfectly with the car on stands, then when I try to "drive" it on the floor, the motors work whenever they want LOL, I think it is because vibration. You see, altough I posess basic electronics knowledge (i.e. I know what + and - signs mean) I think some voltages or amperages arent right.

Last edited:
My advice get some proper radio equipment, that is a lot of car to go shooting down the road if something goes wrong...

May I suggest you find some RC forums and investigate what they are using for 1/4 scale models as I know there are 1/4 scale enthusiast out there so the info is out there as is the equipment... Once you get a decent 1/4 radio setup the rest should fall into place... The actual radio equipment is the same for any scale, it's just the interface to the larger control systems on the car that varies drastically between scales...

Well, the thing is that everything works perfectly with the car on stands, then when I try to "drive" it on the floor, the motors work whenever they want LOL, I think it is because vibration. You see, altough I posess basic electronics knowledge (i.e. I know what + and - signs mean) I think some voltages or amperages arent right.

get some pics up of your setup with out the shell, as detailed as possible so we can see the wiring and maybe we can help.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back