Done / Completed Hales Rifle Grenade Vane Ring Replica - Obi Wan Kenobi ANH

Arrived today. Looks great. Looks like the original Romans ring has a little super glue but easy to remove. Thanks mate.

E8B87195-2AFA-48E8-A19E-A87F6E7B3023.jpeg

Thank you for making this happen and for keeping us in the loop every step of the way, minor delays and all. I look forward to receiving my parts on this side of the globe. I'd purchase from you again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for doing this! I got mine yesterday. It was very tight to get it in place, but now it is there it looks awsome
Thanks Jonas

Mine arrived yesterday too, I haven't had a chance to try fitting one on yet, but they look great!

Got mine yesterday, very very pleased with it, beautifully made! Removing Roman's was a pain but soaking it in WD40 over night was a big help. Then some hard pushing/pulling got it out, no tools, no damage. Thank you for a very well managed run!

I'm glad they're arriving - albeit a bit slowly!

All of these parcels go on regular passenger flights and as they're a little rarer at the moment, it can take time to get the 'right' flight for transfer - so be patient and they'll rock up eventually!

Glad to also see they fit and people are happy! They should all be the same internal diameter. Some may be a bit looser to fit, some a bit tighter - however this is more likely due to the wind vanes than the ring itself - which has been measured and gauged.

For a looser fit have put a drop of superglue at the ends of four individual vanes (east, west, north and south) and let dry. The ring then pressure fits securely as originally intended whilst being easy to remove as desired.

I needed to put pressure by hand, when it was a tight fit, but It was no problem to get it there. Once again thanks for the run! It made a huge different and the saber looks much better than before!

Just got mine! It's perfect!

2020-10-29 17.02.49_web.jpg 2020-10-29 17.05.31_web.jpg

This one slipped off really easily, so the change took about less than a minute.

Thanks again, James, for making these!

Last edited:
Mine arrived!
The weathering on this really good. Blends nicely with the Romans balance pipe.
20201030_172749.jpg

I might dirty it up a tad more. But, right out of the box, I'm very happy.
It was super easy to swap out. So no worries there.

Excellent job on this my friend!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back