Guy Pearce spacesuit from Lockout?

SEAWIZ

I originally posted this in the Replica Props forum and it was suggested that I might be able to get more information if I reposted it here. I bought these from Goodwill recently just because they looked cool and I thought they would be fun to have (and Halloween is coming up). The folks in the Replica Props forum helped me figure out what movie they were from and suggested that they might actually be the original pieces from the movie.

If anyone has suggestions about authenticating them I would appreciate it. One of the suggestions from the Replica Props forum was to compare details like the seams on the pack to screenshots from the movie. I've included some pictures and I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks and have a great day.

Attachments

• Pack corner image lockout.PNG
    Pack corner image lockout.PNG
    139.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Pack corner image.jpg
    Pack corner image.jpg
    985.6 KB · Views: 106
  • pack corner seam,  helmet power cord, and buckle detail.jpg
    pack corner seam, helmet power cord, and buckle detail.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • pack corner seam, helmet power cord, and buckle detail lockout picture.jpg
    pack corner seam, helmet power cord, and buckle detail lockout picture.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 120
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 111
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 114
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 106
  • ss5.jpg
    ss5.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 107
  • ss6.jpg
    ss6.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 109
Are those LED's in the mask? LED's that could light-up the face of the actor? As those kind of lights have no purpose in any other situation.

I think you indeed have pieces from Lock Out. His suite was #3, as stated on the front of the suite. I vaguely remember seeing one of his suits for sale or being talked about, that was lacking (nearly all of) the parts you have.

Eventhough it was not a popular movie there is value in them for sure. I would buy the blu ray if I were you and try to match. I looked on imdb, but did not see a company stating they worked on that suit in particular.

Last edited:
Are those LED's in the mask? LED's that could light-up the face of the actor? As those kind of lights have no purpose in any other situation.

I think you indeed have pieces from Lock Out. His suite was #3, as stated on the front of the suite. I vaguely remember seeing one of his suits for sale or being talked about, that was lacking (nearly all of) the parts you have.

Eventhough it was not a popular movie there is value in them for sure. I would buy the blu ray if I were you and try to match. I looked on imdb, but did not see a company stating they worked on that suit in particular.
Thank you for the reply. I ordered the Blueray to try and get some better images. If I can get a clear image of the stitching on either side of the pack, I should be able to match it.

There are strips of LEDs at the top and bottom of the face shield and small fans inside. There is a small plug in the back of the helmet to connect to the battery wire from the pack.

I haven't had any luck finding who made the props for the movie. Most of the names of the crew members seem to be from Eastern Europe.

Do you have any suggestions about getting a value for this?

Thanks again.

Glad to see over here...I'm sure you have, already, many answers about the suit (and the luck finding it at that price(y)).

Do you have any suggestions about getting a value for this?
There are several things you can do, the two main ways have pro's and con's.

1) You can ask a company specialized in selling props (at auction or via a website) to see if they can help you. But, they will probably only help if you say you are willing to sell outright or to consign, as else they won't have any gain in helping you. Also, they have to make a buck on any possible resale, so they will probably won't quote you the highest price, though if you find the right one a fair one. When consigning to an auction you also have the chance of a biddingwar. But again, the companies probably will only help if it benefits them. A company like www.propstore.com can help, also www.thepropblock.com or www.heroprop.com

2) You can ask collectors on Facebook groups. There you have a lot of people who can help. Though also expect a couple of people who will try to buy it for a low price. But if you say you are looking for a valuation only at the moment you should be fine. The biggest group is Movie Props There are many propcollectors there (like me) who can help you.

I would try the FB-group first and after that see what you want to do with the pieces.

There are several things you can do, the two main ways have pro's and con's.

1) You can ask a company specialized in selling props (at auction or via a website) to see if they can help you. But, they will probably only help if you say you are willing to sell outright or to consign, as else they won't have any gain in helping you. Also, they have to make a buck on any possible resale, so they will probably won't quote you the highest price, though if you find the right one a fair one. When consigning to an auction you also have the chance of a biddingwar. But again, the companies probably will only help if it benefits them. A company like www.propstore.com can help, also www.thepropblock.com or www.heroprop.com

2) You can ask collectors on Facebook groups. There you have a lot of people who can help. Though also expect a couple of people who will try to buy it for a low price. But if you say you are looking for a valuation only at the moment you should be fine. The biggest group is Movie Props There are many propcollectors there (like me) who can help you.

I would try the FB-group first and after that see what you want to do with the pieces.
Thanks a lot. I will check out both of those.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back