Gunpowder Milkshake - Karen Gillian movie

Was worth the two hours.
Lots of creative action scenes and good cast (including Angela Bassett and a glorious Michelle Yeoh), certainly enjoyed it!

The members who are into weapon replicas...
...are gonna have a field day with those two pistols featured prominently in one scene.

hmmm, it is very John wick, but I'm honestly surprised it took this long. If anything, I feel like it just means that's a new action genera than that it's a straight copy. codded talk for assassins and spys is kind of free for the taking, the "every one gets a text to kill the main character" thing thing is probably more a product of our time, than any copywritable thing. lol

The fact that it stars Karen Gillian alone was enough to make me want to see it. But also Leana Headly, Michelle Yeoh, Carla Gugino, Angela Basset, and Paul Giamatti? Take my money!

I can only assume that every single man in the movie is a dirtbag?
It's no worse than any other action movie like John Wick where every single person is trying to kill the main character. It is a girl power movie, but the men in this movie aren't aholes because they're sexist or chauvinist towards the women. They're aholes cause they're mobsters trying to kill the main and a child. If the main characters were male, the movie would be almost exactly the same.

Last edited:
It's no worse than any other action movie like John Wick where every single person is trying to kill the main character. It is a girl power movie, but the men in this movie aren't aholes because they're sexist or chauvinist towards the women. They're aholes cause they're mobsters trying to kill the main and a child. If the main characters were male, the movie would be almost exactly the same.
Well, that is good to hear.

Netflix in the US I believe, Not yet out in the UK
Its available on most torrent sites too, Err but that wouldn't be the way I watched it :rolleyes:

I agree. I just don't get the complaints about these female led action movies being somehow bad simply because the villains are all male, just like in every other action movie starring male leads. It's not like in movies with a male protagonist all of the bad guys are women, so what's different here? I mean, I don't recall female baddies in any of the Die Hard movies, or any of Arnie's old action flicks, no female baddies in the Rambo movies that I can recall either.

The trailer is exactly what the movie is. So if it looks appealing and you're a John Wick fan, you'll probably dig it. It's no Kill Bill Vol I and II which IMO are some of the best action films with a female lead ever, but it's entertaining minus the overflowing cliches.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back