Guess the movie and prop/item used in what film and win a prize package

Thought I would post a little contest I am running on my site. Everybody is free to enter :) .

Todays Hollywood Auction #74 preview item is extra special in that Movie Prop Collectors is making it a contest.

Profiles in History donated a prize package of an Auction #74 auction catalog, (which is over 650 pages, of almost 2,000 lots featuring amazing Hollywood props, costumes, art, and emphemera), a Profiles T Shirt, coffee mug, and a special PIH keychain celebrating their 30th anniversay which was available to select Comic Con 2015 attendees.

To enter just click to make a comment in the comments section of the article and post your movie title and the item you think this is, The first person to correctly guess both the film and item wins!

Each day I will post another part of the photo and give another hint as to what the film and item is.

Today’s hint: The film is well known and was released before 1980. The item itself is also very familiar to most of us in our lives.

PIHContestLotPic12.jpg

Last edited:
Third Clue and Photo:

Todays Hollywood Auction #74 preview item is extra special in that Movie Prop Collectors is making it a contest. Profiles in History donated a prize package of an Auction #74 auction catalog, (which is over 650 pages, of almost 2,000 lots featuring amazing Hollywood props, costumes, art, and emphemera), a Profiles T Shirt, coffee mug, and a special PIH keychain celebrating their 30th anniversay which was available to select Comic Con 2015 attendees.

To enter just click to make a comment here and sign up, post your movie title and the item you think this is, here in the comments section. The first person to correctly guess both the film and item wins! You can guess as many times as you wish :) .

Each day I will post another part of the photo and give another hint as to what the film and item is.

Third hint: This movie is a classic from the 1960's:

PIHContestLot.jpg

Nice, Congrats.

Only problem I ran across was how was the remake so horrible? It was shot frame to frame from the 1960's version. Kinda like it was honoring the masterpiece. That clue threw me off the pyscho trail.

Last edited:
General opinion of movie goers more than anything. When the original has a 90+ % rating, and the remake is about 35%, that generally indicates most people thought it was horrible :) ... (Or that the idea of an exact remake was just a horrible idea...). I remember it being pretty universally hated when it came out.

I got ya. People dont seem to like remakes of classics. Even tho it is the same screen shots.This was a fun game to play. Thanks for making it.

We have a winner:

The Profiles in History, Hollywood Auction #74 preview item contest winner is Chris Thompson. Chris was the first person to correctly guess the door from the original Universal Studios Alfred Hitchcock 1960 film, “Psycho“. Chris wins a prize package of an Auction #74 auction catalog, (which is over 650 pages, of almost 2,000 lots featuring amazing Hollywood props, costumes, art, and emphemera), a Profiles T Shirt, coffee mug, and a special PIH keychain celebrating their 30th anniversay which was available to select Comic Con 2015 attendees. Chris, please email me at Admin@MoviePropCollectors.com for your contact info.

Thanks to everyone who entered. Their were some great guesses :) .

Special mention to Dan Wright who also guessed correctly shortly after Chris.

Here is Profiles in History’s complete auction catalog page of Lot #96: The original front door of the house from “Psycho” (1960).

PIHPsychoLot96MPC.jpg

Last edited:
when i posted my guess his wasn't there we must of literally posted at the same time lol. oh well better luck next time.

Are you Dan? Great guess!

I approved his and your ( (Dan Wright's) comments at the same time in the order they appeared in my Admin panel before posting publicly. He made his right before yours so he had an earlier timestamp.

if I get anything extra from Profiles (I can't promise anything), I will send your way :) .

I posted this to both pages before anyone else-it is approved and there. My answer: the door from the house in Psycho. Posted as Chris Thompson (scifimuseum)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back