Guardians (GOTG) awesome mix display / shadowbox

LukaFilm

Sr Member
Hi!

I had an idea for this as a Christmas present for a friend, but didn't make it in time due to a lot of other work..
I did finish it almost a month later - better late then never, right?
It's not really that accurate, but it is a really good looking gift, and maybe somebody could use my idea for a display of their own..

1_zpsiug1qz7o.jpg

The thing is I needed a deep shadowbox to house the cassette and headphones but couldn't find any, so I ended up making it from scratch.
It's just a simple box made from pine wood, but I wanted the glass to be removable in case something happens in the future. I solved the problem by cutting a slot at the top, and the glass can just slide all the way down into the notch. It's all made very tightly so the glass can't fall out.

3_zpswr7r3oas.jpg

As I said, the props are not that accurate. The cassette turned somewhat similar to the original, but headphones are way off. I just took the ones I could find, and spraypainted them orange. All in all I think it looks good. I'm happy with it, and I'm sure my friend will be too!

2_zpshk89dlhb.jpg

I hope the "sliding glass" idea will be useful to somebody!
Bye!

Oooh! It should be in Marvel Costumes and Props section right????
It did not occur to me at all! :lol
I'm sure mods will take care of that!
Thanks for your comment!

Haha yup! It's okay don't worry!

And yup, it actually really makes me want to do something like this!! What are the dimensions of your display?

The dimensions are around 25x21 cm.. I can never find frames or boxes that fit the props.
So I guess it's better to make them yourself! Glad you like it!
Thanks!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back