Grievous Magnaguards!

Dougie Fett

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Doing research into making some for display!

Is there anyone out there that has already made them?

ggbodyguard6ep.jpg

I've been thinking about sculpting the head fo a while(feel free to pm me if you would be interested), but the body looks like it is going to be tough.

As far as I know there isn't any costumes or replicas out there.
You may want to contact the 501st legion about this.

As far as I know there isn't any costumes or replicas out there.
You may want to contact the 501st legion about this.

Thats' what I like to hear!!

I will be building them from scratch and putting them in exactly the same pose as the pic above!

The electrostaff will be the hardest part to get right, I have made contact with a company that makes plasma lamps enquiring about customizing them for me.
The electric arking will have to contained within a tube.

Thats' what I like to hear!!
...The electrostaff will be the hardest part to get right, I have made contact with a company that makes plasma lamps enquiring about customizing them for me.
The electric arking will have to contained within a tube.

even though in the pic above it does not show a glass tube on the staff, they really have one:

MagnaGuard_CN.png

(i know that magnaguard is from the clone wars, but i remember seeing it on the real one a long time ago.)

Well, one thought is to dress in some kind of black body suit and to have the thinner parts be pieces glued to the body suit. It's kind of like the equivalent of a black body suit with a skeleton over it. People edit out the suit and focus on the skeleton.

While the arcing plasma tubes would be the coolest effect, you may want to consider neon tubes formed into the curves seen in the picture you posted. In a still photo it would look pretty much the same (but not as cool in person).

Here's a pic of the real prop they built for ROTS.

gal_8.jpg

Edit: They definitely used a couple of different versions in the movie, but the prop above is one they actually built. Don't know if they built the other version seen above.

Here's a screenshot showing the two different versions. One is the more plain, conical version and the other is the glass dome version.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/1552/screenshot20101006at508.png

Edit 2: Looks like there is a 3rd Version! The one Obi-Wan fights grievous with is not the clear domed version.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2605/screenshot20101006at512.png

Last edited:
Foxbatkllr, that is the pic i was talking about.

I think the theory is that when you turn it on the metal/glass folds out or something like that.

Will defintely have to be contained within a tube, no doubt!
Hope to tinker with an MR saber and have the movement activated sounds.

Foxbatkllr, that is the pic i was talking about.

I think the theory is that when you turn it on the metal/glass folds out or something like that.

I don't really think that is the case. I watched the scenes in HD and there doesn't appear to be any change like that in the electro-staffs when they are turned on.

The original picture posted by Dougie Fett is just of that particular staff design. There are 3 designs, and that is one of them. The other two are more dome shaped, one being clear and the other being solid.

Edit: Here you go:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9026/screenshot20101007at816.png

Last edited:
I don't really think that is the case. I watched the scenes in HD and there doesn't appear to be any change like that in the electro-staffs when they are turned on.

The original picture posted by Dougie Fett is just of that particular staff design. There are 3 designs, and that is one of them. The other two are more dome shaped, one being clear and the other being solid.

Edit: Here you go:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/9026/screenshot20101007at816.png

Well whatever way u look at it, there really is no way of getting round the arking in the tube scenario, and TBH who cares, it will still look the biz!!

I agree, I was just posting the different versions. It will look awesome whichever way you go.

And thanks a million for that, even if they were just for a static display.

As I thought, the electrostaff plasma route is not going to be cheap.
Still waiting on a final quote.

Yeah, i was just reading the star wars dict. guide (whatever its called) and it said that some are used for stunning, some for killing, and some for other stuff.

anyway that doesn't matter, Dougie Fett the one your gonna do looks the coolest IMO. Good luck, I can't wait to see how this turns out.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back